Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was literally the only one on the pitch capable of making a decisive pass. He was probably trying to do too much and yes, he was not quick enough to create for himself, but it's tough to play with that many new guys. WBA had a ton of guys in the box, yet we in essence played with 6 defenders. When did he ever get a ball played to him from the back including Morgan/McCarthy? WBA packed it in and we couldn't hold it or commit numbers forward.

His back flick at the 18 was sick, though.

People need to stop defending him with the "off the pace" or "out of position" nonsense.

He's not doing the basics. I'll say it again - if we recalled Dowell and played him left wing now, he's put 10x more in than Sigurdsson has done.

He has simply been terrible. There's no excuse; he's not doing the basics, and for his price tag - which yes, does matter - it's doubly irritating. At least with Sandro we can shrug and say it didn't come off; this fella cost 9x more and basically his whole career has been in this league.

No excuses.

I’d say he’s by far the worst pound for pound signing in the club’s history!

Brett Angel carried that title for a long time, but Koeman came along & smashed it in style...

Sigurdsson - £45M
Klaasen - £25M
Williams - £12M

How will we ever offload those 3?

He was awful today. Floundering about much of the time and his deadly crosses weren't deadly enough.

I'd take Brunt of WBA over him at the moment. He seems to sling over a ball without too much fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back