Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, all 3 way overpriced. Still hope for Keane & I’m sure we’d recoup at least half on those 3, whereas Sigurdsson, Klaasen & Williams, I doubt it.

No doubting Koeman is a black mark on the club’s history.

True. I mentioned today at the game just how slow and clumsy Slugurdsson is. There have been players with little or no pace, Bergkamp, Sheringham, etc, who always seemed to have infinite time and acres of space because their touch and brain allowed it be so. This guy is constantly surrounded by players, and unless he is 20 yards from goal and everyone backs off him completely, he is just useless. Incredibly frustrating to watch. The money we spent on him only magnifies it.

Anyone still calling for him to play ahead of Rooney or in his "proper position"... How many chances is he gonna need? Unlike Klaassen /Sandro, this guy has practically been a main stay, and his performances have hardly warranted it.

I mean, can anyone tell me what it is he does that sets him apart from say, Bilyaletdinov? Odd worldie, decent technique, offers little else. Other than the price tag of course.

True. I mentioned today at the game just how slow and clumsy Slugurdsson is. There have been players with little or no pace, Bergkamp, Sheringham, etc, who always seemed to have infinite time and acres of space because their touch and brain allowed it be so. This guy is constantly surrounded by players, and unless he is 20 yards from goal and everyone backs off him completely, he is just useless. Incredibly frustrating to watch. The money we spent on him only magnifies it.

Anyone still calling for him to play ahead of Rooney or in his "proper position"... How many chances is he gonna need? Unlike Klaassen /Sandro, this guy has practically been a main stay, and his performances have hardly warranted it.

I mean, can anyone tell me what it is he does that sets him apart from say, Bilyaletdinov? Odd worldie, decent technique, offers little else. Other than the price tag of course.
bergkamp actually had pace, and was really good athlete, i take your point though, but just thought i'd be a pedant and point that out

People on here begging for him to be played at number ten are so far short of the mark. He can play Any of the attacking midfield positions, but the important thing is that he's playing well.

Agree 100%

Didn’t want him in the 1st place. Was absolutely baffled by people claiming he was better than Barkley. My expectations were low, but he’s managed to fall short of them.

Pray for a Chinese club to offer him something. We need to cut our losses ASAP.

Gareth Barry showed today exactly what Koeman feared, that he'd made a mistake in letting him go.
Oldest player on the pitch, nothing like the quickest, yet never looked flustered and was neck and neck with Rondon for the MotM.
Purely on today, bring him back and dump Schneiderlin.

But, like Big Sam, Barry has the luxury of being able to feel like he has nothing to prove.
No transfer fee to justify, no pressure at all, really.
Imagine if Sig had been the single signing in a settled, confident side and had cost half as much. Could've been a totally different story.

But, like Big Sam, Barry has the luxury of being able to feel like he has nothing to prove.
No transfer fee to justify, no pressure at all, really.
Imagine if Sig had been the single signing in a settled, confident side and had cost half as much. Could've been a totally different story.
Don't disagree mate, was merely suggesting that Koeman boobed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back