Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

he doesn't win many tackles though and doesn't offer much protection for full backs. I'm going to keep an eye on this for a while, I may have been too harsh.

mate, have you not been watching us for the past 8 weeks?

Genuinely, look how much protection he offers Martina. Gylfi has pretty much been playing left wing back for two months.

He was really poor on Saturday as the rest of the team were, but we're hampered entirely by our left side and the movement from all of them is abysmal.

Gylfi isn't someone who can run a game and never has been. He can create quality in the final third though. We've seen that.

mate, have you not been watching us for the past 8 weeks?

Genuinely, look how much protection he offers Martina. Gylfi has pretty much been playing left wing back for two months.

He was really poor on Saturday as the rest of the team were, but we're hampered entirely by our left side and the movement from all of them is abysmal.

Gylfi isn't someone who can run a game and never has been. He can create quality in the final third though. We've seen that.

I've already stated, I'm going to pay more attention to his defensive duties. i think I;ve been caught up in wanting him to produce magic up top, our left always seems over run that's why i questioned his work rate, work rate doesn't equate to quality either so he may run a lot but is not really doing much with it.

I've already stated, I'm going to pay more attention to his defensive duties. i think I;ve been caught up in wanting him to produce magic up top, our left always seems over run that's why i questioned his work rate, work rate doesn't equate to quality either so he may run a lot but is not really doing much with it.

I get that mate, and agree.

But, Gylfi does do a lot of work defensively and is effective at it as well.

He shouldn't have to do as much as he has been doing however, and teams will always target our left side while Martina is there.

Our goal vs N'Castle - admittedly one of the only decent bits of football all season - came from Gylfi tracking back and winning possession with a good tackle about 15 yards into our own half.

We need him central to get more of an impact on games going forward, but that then sacrifices that cover in front of Martina.

I get that mate, and agree.

But, Gylfi does do a lot of work defensively and is effective at it as well.

He shouldn't have to do as much as he has been doing however, and teams will always target our left side while Martina is there.

Our goal vs N'Castle - admittedly one of the only decent bits of football all season - came from Gylfi tracking back and winning possession with a good tackle about 15 yards into our own half.

We need him central to get more of an impact on games going forward, but that then sacrifices that cover in front of Martina.

Okie dokie, I shall pipe down on slating him defensively for now.

So Gylfi get your act together up front ha.

Okie dokie, I shall pipe down on slating him defensively for now.

So Gylfi get your act together up front ha.

Oh yeh, no excuses for him being as tosh as he was going forward mate.

If he's dropped next game we couldn't say it was harsh.

But I just think there's a lot more wrong with this side than him :)

Oh yeh, no excuses for him being as tosh as he was going forward mate.

If he's dropped next game we couldn't say it was harsh.

But I just think there's a lot more wrong with this side than him :)

Oh god yes, much more. Don't get me wrong I still quite like Gylfi, with the right blend of players around him he can be a matchwinner, he's just getting stick because so much more was expected but in this team he's pretty hamstrung, hopefully Cenk Tosun will click with him sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back