Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boil ya bonce Joey lad.
upload_2017-8-26_12-58-58.webp

...surprised how often he popped up in defensive areas of the pitch as well as getting beyond our CF. Appears to do his job and a bit more. I do hope RK persists in playing him where he's most effective, as a no10.
I was surprised when I heard that stats show he ran further than any other premier player last season. OK not many players will have played 90 mins of every game, but surprising stat all the same for somebody recognised as a flair player.

I disagree with you on the no 10 position though Eggs. If we are going to play both Siggy and Rooney together, for me Rooney needs to play centrally. I believe Siggy is more flexible and can adapt his game to play on the left. I also think that he can form a partnership with Baines, the likes of which we haven't seen since Pienaar was in his prime. I think Baines has shown enough to suggest that player is still in him and the quality is still there. What's been missing is a partner the required skill and intelligence. I believe Siggy could be that man.

Interesting he played in the number ten role on Thursday
Did he though? I feel like we're playing a completely undefined game at the moment for the three behind the striker. Rooney, Klaasen and Siggy all in particular are popping up wherever they fancy and switching all the time. The only game I've seen where we've had fixed positions was I think the first leg against Split where Kev was clearly told to hug the wing and played the widest he ever has for us.

Wasn't as bad as certain players today but didn't get involved. That said he never had any forward runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back