Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on mate, and then he wouldn't have been available and we might just be all sitting here today talking about getting knocked out of the EL becsuse we had no one with skill and audacity to score a goal like what we saw last night.
The reason we'd have been out would have been Baines doing his head in the sand ostrich trick when faced with an opponent firing a shot off from distance, which put us in trouble in the first place.

Anyone see that Icelandic tv interview he gave where stated he wouldn't have gone to another club?

Did it not occur to our club then that we needed to hold Swansea over a barrel on the price?

Couldn't believe that when I saw it. 'kin livid at how thick our negotiators are - and now we struggle for a CF.
I agree for once, seems pretty obvious we should have just allowed ourselves to be knocked out of Europa League, and ignore the reality that we also were bidding against Swansea keeping him. Then we could have talked about how astute we were to save 5 million.

I agree with the ignorance, makes it more fun to rage.

The reason we'd have been out would have been Baines doing his head in the sand ostrich trick when faced with an opponent firing a shot off from distance, which put us in trouble in the first place.

That wasn't the issue in the first place though.

Besic and Schneiderlid had gone awol and Baines came over to cover, but he was unaware of what was behind him so checked there was no danger but that little look is what took the time.

But ok.

First half he was unlucky not to score

His technique when he hit that ball on the volley was incredible but it had just a bit too much spin and went narrowly wide of the post
Agree - even at PL level most players would be happy just to make any contact with the ball there and hope for the best, but he was trying to shape it

Wrong. Again.

Players make mistakes, in every game they make mistakes and poor decisions and great decisions and right choices. Baines made the decision to stick at first and then run at the ball and didn't go in full blooded. Mistake? Yes imo. That's for a different thread

BUT having a player that can slot a 45 yard 1 in a thousand chance.....well you only get those type of goals from players whose brain is well ahead of others and that's why we paid top dollar and so what if we overpaid by 5m or 10m, he paid a few million back last night with that goal.

New to posting in the forum how do i put davek on ignore.
I've done that and had to undo it
He derails that many threads with his wind up (wummimg ) that he's everywhere
You go to a thread and you can't make head nor tail of the posts.
Hit the show ignored content button at the bottom and Dave in all his glory is displayed.
I now know he's a fantastic wind up merchant who has a couple of grievances because Martinez got sacked and blames Baines on it ( amongst others )
Also dislikes RK.
There is no way on gods green earth he believes a tenth of the stuff he posts
He just fishes for arguments and contrarian views
Once you know and accept this you can react or not react in the appropriate fashion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back