Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've taken a post, by me, in support of your position, to another forum member and decided to use it as a means to challenge an opinion I didn't give.

Pretty sure he did more than score (don't dismiss it as just a shot) last night and will do far more in the time he has here. Given that you rate him, why are you trying to now downplay his ability?
I'm not. I'm just not going to say because he's scored one goal the mugging off Swansea was justified.

ZP3pHMA.png

Shinned it? FFS, it's a perfect hit pretty much, though i can't find a better quality frame than this. How could you otherwise hit it in such a sweet arc?

Did alright last night, nothing special, obviously still getting up to speed.

Whilst it was a great goal he scored, if that was against us questions would be getting asked of whoever was in goal for us. It was absolutely horrendous goalkeeping (I was actually in stitches at the goalies effort to try and keep it out) should never have been beaten from there.

Medica? The stuff is amazing and potent. My ex had gave me a bottle last time I was there, I polished most of it off before my wedding night.
Croatians are sound generally. Pula is bloody lovely too. Loads of nice beaches plus all the Roman stuff.
Best of all are the Croatian sweethearts. Dark haired lovelies, every last one of them.
Been down to town again for a couple of hair of the dog Tomislav darks.
Bought a local paper just for the sports section. Can't understand a word, but it is true when they say a picture is worth a thousand words :pint2:

Did alright last night, nothing special, obviously still getting up to speed.

Whilst it was a great goal he scored, if that was against us questions would be getting asked of whoever was in goal for us. It was absolutely horrendous goalkeeping (I was actually in stitches at the goalies effort to try and keep it out) should never have been beaten from there.
Tbf to the keeper it's 15 seconds after the kick off and the ball has barely crossed the halfway line.

He starts about 16yds out and that's an ok, not great, position for long balls over the top

Interesting. So if I understand correctly, the measure estimates that if Gylfi is a direct replacement for Barkley, it will actually cost us points this season...

Yep in a basic sense, i.e. in the same team as last season playing how we played in the same formation. So much unaccounted for though -- changes to formation, style, other personnel etc. that you're better off looking at the range. The range roughly fits my priors for the other players.

Goal aside, he looked on a par with everyone else in blue (purple) last night. This without any real pre-season or integration to speak of, relatively speaking I think that's quite impressive.

No idea about the over-paying comments, nor how anyone else could make that judgement, fees are currently on a trajectory that is utterly out of control, so not sure how anybody can be accurately benchmarking anything right now.

He could have scored earlier with the snap shot from wide-ish left, and he made one superb run to get clear late on....was that the one were Rooney got a shot off? Apart from his goal, he looked like he plays with a lot of intelligence and his speed is speed of thought, not over the pitch. Will prove to be excellent for Everton in my opinion

Best of all are the Croatian sweethearts. Dark haired lovelies, every last one of them.
Been down to town again for a couple of hair of the dog Tomislav darks.
Bought a local paper just for the sports section. Can't understand a word, but it is true when they say a picture is worth a thousand words :pint2:
Never went to bed with an ugly woman, but often woke up with one.

Are you sure your alcohol intake was not affecting your assessment of the local talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back