Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that's the most perfect football video I've ever seen. You can actually pinpoint the second when their hearts rip in half.

Like Ralph in the Simpsons

hqdefault.jpg

Goal aside, he looked on a par with everyone else in blue (purple) last night. This without any real pre-season or integration to speak of, relatively speaking I think that's quite impressive.

No idea about the over-paying comments, nor how anyone else could make that judgement, fees are currently on a trajectory that is utterly out of control, so not sure how anybody can be accurately benchmarking anything right now.

Woke up just now with a head like Birkenhead.
Watched the game in a bar in Pula in a good humoured environment. Took some grief when they scored but when Gylfi smacked that in you truly could have heard a pin drop. Except from a guy a couple of tables away who looked at me and uttered "hopeful punt". A Kopite wouldn't you know.
Anyway I called him something rhyming with punt and after the game w as treated to numerous honey brandies. Fair play to the locals.
Medica? The stuff is amazing and potent. My ex had gave me a bottle last time I was there, I polished most of it off before my wedding night.
Croatians are sound generally. Pula is bloody lovely too. Loads of nice beaches plus all the Roman stuff.

Who still gives a toss what we paid for him?

People banging on about that still? Bitter doesn't even come close.

We bought him, he scored a worldy, forget the fee and try getting on with getting behind him, instead of being unable to contain your bitterness and try to enjoy the season.

I think you may be someone I politely disagreed with on this forum over this
signing. But like the hypocrite football fan I am, I was celebrating that worldie last night. One swallow does not make a summer, but if you can't enjoy that goal then what's the point of being a fan?

To go all deep for a second, I think the world we live in now contains people who would rather be proven right and watch the world collapse, rather than be proven wrong and swallow some pride. Is Donald Trump potentially one of the worst POTUS of all time? Of course he is. Would it be nice if he turned out it to be actually one of the best? For the sake of the world yes. But for the sake of people on twitter the answer would be no. They'd rather he commenced a nuclear holocaust just so in our final waking moments they can type out in 140 characters "I told you so".

Quite a big leap from gylfi I know.. but I think my point stands

Correct. Comical that the people on the attack haven't even read what I said about him.

I was advocating Sigurdsson's signing 12 months ago and getting abuse for it...probably by that feller you replied to as well.

Lol.
Not that he'll need backing up, but Davek was a big fan of Siggy and had only cooled recently due to cost & number of attacking mids we've brought in. Credit where it's due- he banged this drum a long time ago.
Where's that weird Gylfi fan boi gone? Probably drowned in his own seminal fluid after that goal.

I think you may be someone I politely disagreed with on this forum over this
signing. But like the hypocrite football fan I am, I was celebrating that worldie last night. One swallow does not make a summer, but if you can't enjoy that goal then what's the point of being a fan?

To go all deep for a second, I think the world we live in now contains people who would rather be proven right and watch the world collapse, rather than be proven wrong and swallow some pride. Is Donald Trump potentially one of the worst POTUS of all time? Of course he is. Would it be nice if he turned out it to be actually one of the best? For the sake of the world yes. But for the sake of people on twitter the answer would be no. They'd rather he commenced a nuclear holocaust just so in our final waking moments they can type out in 140 characters "I told you so".

Quite a big leap from gylfi I know.. but I think my point stands

good post sir

We did overpay for him. You think one shot last night proves the opposite?
You've taken a post, by me, in support of your position, to another forum member and decided to use it as a means to challenge an opinion I didn't give.

Pretty sure he did more than score (don't dismiss it as just a shot) last night and will do far more in the time he has here. Given that you rate him, why are you trying to now downplay his ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back