2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look back ive never rated him, certainly not in th 45mill class. As for a once in a lifetime strike .... Well he may do that again in 2057, i look forward to watching it from beyond the grave.
If anyone seriously thinks he's an improvement on Barkley then please start watching another sport.
Anyway I'm on my hols in Spain so to all who disagree with me , de nada

But he is.

If you look back ive never rated him, certainly not in th 45mill class. As for a once in a lifetime strike .... Well he may do that again in 2057, i look forward to watching it from beyond the grave.
If anyone seriously thinks he's an improvement on Barkley then please start watching another sport.
Anyway I'm on my hols in Spain so to all who disagree with me , de nada
I think most sane humans KNOW he's an improvement over Barkley.

You appear to have missed the part where he's had practically zilch of a pre-season, is probably only 65% match fit at best and is trying to adjust rather too quickly to a new team.

This two week break will do him the world of good all fronts.
As i said. His main attribute is taking set pieces, he is the Icelandic Jonny Wilkinson, how match fit does he need to be to miss the 1st man ? Anyway. De nada
On my jollies

After reading some of the posts in here, I swear some of you have never seen Barkley play. I love this running with ball, attacking player that is super direct and goes at defenses. That's surely not Barkley. That's EXACTLY what Ronnie wants him to do, but he apparently doesn't.

Sigurdsson is going to take both time to get fit AND gel with his teammates. But he was FAR from the problem.

After reading some of the posts in here, I swear some of you have never seen Barkley play. I love this running with ball, attacking player that is super direct and goes at defenses. That's surely not Barkley. That's EXACTLY what Ronnie wants him to do, but he apparently doesn't.

Sigurdsson is going to take both time to get fit AND gel with his teammates. But he was FAR from the problem.
Quite right. Ross is capable of dribbling runs but mostly chooses a short back pass. Infuriating.

I think this lad can provide a lot of quality ball for the attacking players to take advantage of, we need to sign a striker over any other position before the window shuts.

As i said. His main attribute is taking set pieces, he is the Icelandic Jonny Wilkinson, how match fit does he need to be to miss the 1st man ? Anyway. De nada
On my jollies
Yeah, the two times today he hit the first man is more reflective of his set piece abilities than the last 4 years in the same league. Harry Kane hasn't scored yet, he must suck at scoring.

Frankly, if we had a legit target guy and a CB, we would've scored on one of his last free kicks because they were spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back