Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite right. Ross is capable of dribbling runs but mostly chooses a short back pass. Infuriating.
Super capable. Scoring, too. That's why Koeman is pushing him to play farther up the field and be more direct. Ross wants to come deep, play short passes, and hold it for eternity. Ross needs to listen to his manager and do his job instead of his agent and his inner snowflake.

Siggy is the opposite and we will see more if that production as the season comes along.

After reading some of the posts in here, I swear some of you have never seen Barkley play. I love this running with ball, attacking player that is super direct and goes at defenses. That's surely not Barkley. That's EXACTLY what Ronnie wants him to do, but he apparently doesn't.

Sigurdsson is going to take both time to get fit AND gel with his teammates. But he was FAR from the problem.
Rooney is the problem for me. For no other reason than he won't be dropped... It reminds me of Barry during late Martinez era and Koeman's first year. Even if it was tactically necessary, they can't be dropped.

the comparisons with Barkley don't do anyone any favours, siggy is what he is, and will be very decent, he's certainly not the final piece in the puzzle, but he will be sound
It's funny to me. You pair one of Siggy/Rooney/Klassen with Barkley and I think you see a much better team. I think our biggest problem last season was we lacked clever players to compliment Barkley. Now we have them and Barkley is probably gone.

I haven't taken a set piece in 30 years, but i would still back myself to beat the 1st man.

But the point of set pieces isn't to beat the first man, it's to put the ball in the danger area with enough pace so that attackers score. Any pub footie player can chip in ball into to box but that would result in no goals. Beating the first man with pace and keeping it in the box is hard. There isn't a single player in the world who can do it all the time and all of our set piece takers have been criticised for the same thing. The obvious conclusion is that it's harder than people think. It' much better to hit the first man 4 times out of 5 if the 5th is a
Goal chance rather than chip 5 balls that get easily cleared

I haven't taken a set piece in 30 years, but i would still back myself to beat the 1st man.

But the point of set pieces isn't to beat the first man, it's to put the ball in the danger area with enough pace so that attackers score. Any pub footie player can chip in ball into to box but that would result in no goals. Beating the first man with pace and keeping it in the box is hard. There isn't a single player in the world who can do it all the time and all of our set piece takers have been criticised for the same thing. The obvious conclusion is that it's harder than people think. It' much better to hit the first man 4 times out of 5 if the 5th is a

Will take some time to work out how all the players fit together. But I think Sigurdsson and Rooney are on the same wavelength; the others are a bit slower. I do wonder how you play Rooney and Sigurdsson with a 9 and still have any width against the top sides. It will be fine against worse teams because the fullbacks will do it.

And who told you that I was just a pub footballer? Ignore the ? As I'm too busy on my hols to respond again.

£45m for a guy who's game pretty much relies on a target man and we don't have one. I'll bet anyone on here that Sig doesn't score or assist his numbers from Swansea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back