Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson never caught on quite as he should have done at Spurs, and I believe that's because he wasn't used correctly. He was stuck out on the wing there and wan't as effective as he could've been. Pretty much exactly what happened at the weekend.

However, it seemed to me that our biggest problem on Saturday was Rooney's inability to stay on the right hand side. As poor as Martina was, he had absolutely nothing in the way of cover. We were wide open on that side and Spurs knew it, with a large percentage of their play targeting it.

We need to make a decision. Are we going to Play Rooney or Sigurdsson as AM, as I don't think we can accommodate both. In the same breath, Klaasen, while I do think he'll come good, doesn't seem to have the pace needed to play on the wings, so he needs the bench for now.

Personally, Sigurdsson would get the nod for me.

Sigurdsson never caught on quite as he should have done at Spurs, and I believe that's because he wasn't used correctly. He was stuck out on the wing there and wan't as effective as he could've been. Pretty much exactly what happened at the weekend.

However, it seemed to me that our biggest problem on Saturday was Rooney's inability to stay on the right hand side. As poor as Martina was, he had absolutely nothing in the way of cover. We were wide open on that side and Spurs knew it, with a large percentage of their play targeting it.

We need to make a decision. Are we going to Play Rooney or Sigurdsson as AM, as I don't think we can accommodate both. In the same breath, Klaasen, while I do think he'll come good, doesn't seem to have the pace needed to play on the wings, so he needs the bench for now.

Personally, Sigurdsson would get the nod for me.

Toooo many 10's
It's up to soft ollies to sort that out, he bought them

Sigurdsson has never ever been a good footballer. That's why spurs let him go

However he does have the ability to provide a good ball into the box and is able to get assists as well as goals. His actually technical ability however is poor

You've also got to remember he had a target man at Swansea which enabled him to get many assists. He doesn't have that here

Sigurdsson has never ever been a good footballer. That's why spurs let him go

However he does have the ability to provide a good ball into the box and is able to get assists as well as goals. His actually technical ability however is poor

You've also got to remember he had a target man at Swansea which enabled him to get many assists. He doesn't have that here

Record amount of contradictions in one post

..I can see why Koeman really wanted to sign him. I think he would've dovetailed ideally into our team last season playing the no10 role behind Lukaku. I reckon we'd have been a much more effective team.

All RK needs to do now is play him in his best position and get a conventional striker in January.

..I can see why Koeman really wanted to sign him. I think he would've dovetailed ideally into our team last season playing the no10 role behind Lukaku. I reckon we'd have been a much more effective team.

All RK needs to do now is play him in his best position and get a conventional striker in January.
Should have sorted the most important one first mate,we have a couple that could have covered siggys role.

Should have sorted the most important one first mate,we have a couple that could have covered siggys role.

...Koeman said last week he thought he'd acquired his 2 main CF targets but both deals fell through. I think we can only take him at his word. If there is any blame or lessons to be learned I think he would accept he waited too long for Giroud. I can only assume that when he spoke to the player at the beginning of the window he was given real encouragement he would sign.

He mucked up. He added that he worked down the list and his other interests were either unavailable or valued far too highly by the selling club.

I also wonder if the transfer pot was empty at the end of the window and dependent on players moving out. It seems a coincidence that £35m appeared to be coming in at the same time reports in Portugal claimed we bid the same amount for Jimenez.

...Koeman said last week he thought he'd acquired his 2 main CF targets but both deals fell through. I think we can only take him at his word. If there is any blame or lessons to be learned I think he would accept he waited too long for Giroud. I can only assume that when he spoke to the player at the beginning of the window he was given real encouragement he would sign.

He mucked up. He added that he worked down the list and his other interests were either unavailable or valued far too highly by the selling club.

I also wonder if the transfer pot was empty at the end of the window and dependent on players moving out. It seems a coincidence that £35m appeared to be coming in at the same time reports in Portugal claimed we bid the same amount for Jimenez.
I'm giving koeman the benefit of the doubt over the striker situation mate but it's getting harder to back him after the performance at the weekend,spurs are a good side no doubt but any team playing as narrow as we did are looking for trouble,he needs to rethink his methods or worse is to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back