Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurðsson hadn't played a single minute of football for three months until the second half of that second Hajduk Split match.

I would be all in favour of criticising him if he wasn't putting in a lot of effort, not that that would make him play any better for us. But he is putting in a lot of effort. So give him a break.

With our support... ...he will come good.

Pienaar that refused to play in a derby match because he wanted to move to Spurs , then came crawling back as soon as he realised he wasn't as good as he thought he was.

I'm all for a good strop after a leathering but this is embarrassing.
Player wise, pure ability, this side could use a prime pienaar more than it could siggy, who also failed at spurs

Would rather we sacrificed either Morgan or Gana and played miralles and vlasic to at least give us some width. I'd play either siguardsson or Rooney off DCL.
Pickford
Holgate Keane Williams Baines
Miralles Davies Gana Vlasic
Rooney or Siguardsson
DCL.
Not saying this is the answer but it would give us more of an attacking threat then we are currently seeing. Give this a go in the league cup game against Sunderland. Players don't need resting, but more important is finding a system to get the best out of our talents and developing confidence.
When we've paid so much money you've got to play him off DCL in his best position. Nothing else makes sense. Fit the rest of the team around this.

Keane and Pickford have been impressive.

The rest, including Rooney, have been sub-par, IMO.

I probably think Rooney's done alright because I'm basing it on my incredibly low expectations of how awful he actually would be.

I guess Keane and Pickford have done okay but neither have been stand out impressive me. Difficult circumstances I guess.

He's been poor, but he won't do half the job Barkley did even if he was doing well. Barkley was irreplaceable.

Sigurdsson unfortunately will struggle massively this season due to what Moshiri did in that window. He plays one way in one system and does that one thing well - we don't have that set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back