Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm giving koeman the benefit of the doubt over the striker situation mate but it's getting harder to back him after the performance at the weekend,spurs are a good side no doubt but any team playing as narrow as we did are looking for trouble,he needs to rethink his methods or worse is to come.

.i agree, Paul. I'm as disappointed as everybody else at the way we're playing but I am also old enough to remember similar situations that other managers have been in. It sometimes gets worst before it gets better. Time will tell.

Finished against Spurs as striker, with Tom Davies taking the corner, bring back
Steve Watson,becoming more like the Walter Smth era with every game.

Finished against Spurs as striker, with Tom Davies taking the corner, bring back
Steve Watson,becoming more like the Walter Smth era with every game.
It's hard for him to come in to such a mess like Saturday, a good performance on Thursday, and v UNT who knows , but RK has to muster a better team selections to muster some magic!

It's hard for him to come in to such a mess like Saturday, a good performance on Thursday, and v UNT who knows , but RK has to muster a better team selections to muster some magic!

Potential solution to the 3 number 10s issue:

Gylfi as striker
Rooney as number 10
Klaassen in midfield

(Then pace on the wings)

How do you like them apples?

Where did he actually play for Swansea most of the time? I have no idea myself.
Left side forward quite often, especially at the end of the year when they really needed to win. There were times in the first half where the Gylfi, Klassen, Rooney midfield looked fine, but the lack of a forward made it difficult. Giving up the goal was a problem. We had plenty of possession and chances up to that point. Martina's lack of defending in space and Ashley Williams complete ineptitude killed us.

But Gylfi is fine on the left side with Baines attacking wide. I actually argue the best part about the squad was those three last week. But the rest of the problems were significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back