Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sigurdsson will be fine, he'll score a few and assist a few. He's a good player in his own right and I'm not sure his own performances will really be affected too much by our striking situation to be honest, but it just seems like a total waste of money paying £45m for anyone when you've got such gaping holes in the rest of your squad. He's the sort of player you sign when you've got your house generally in order and want to get marginal improvements in certain areas, not the sort of player you sign as a priority.

World Class set piece taker, average midfielder. Luxury player. Surprised people haven't realised this before we got him. Spurs didn't fancy him. Clubs weren't exactly queueing up for him when he left Spurs to go back to Swansea. Swansea must be laughing their bits off.

We'll be laughing our heads off at season end when Sigurdsson delivers the ball which C-L converts to win the FA Cup.

We'll be dancing round Wembley.

..there's contradicting reports about Sigurdsson's time at Swansea but from what I saw he scored goals from central positions, even getting beyond the CF like he did at Anfield last season. Definitely a no10 for me. I don't think Koeman particularly wanted Barkley as a box to box player but he did want more from him when the opposition had the ball and when Lukaku was in possession.

I agree he'll be much more effective with a CF to work around.

His two best seasons for Swansea were 14/15 and 16/17. He played as a number 10 in 14/15 and from wide attacking 3 in 16/17.

They also played a 4.2.3.1 formation with 2 sitting players in 14/15. Then 4.3.3 last season.

Koeman likes that 4.3.3 system, so he's going to play him out wide. He'll have to start building a side around him, like Swansea did, to get anything out of him imo.

But overall I think we're missing a link up midfielder and a striker.

Signing was taking ages and looked on the rocks: "Typical Everton screwing it up again, he's the missing part of the jigsaw, exactly what we need"

Plays in a couple of games where we were absolutely awful: "He can only take free kicks, rubbish footballer I've said this all along maybe now people will listen"

lollollol The utter state of this place nowadays

Signing was taking ages and looked on the rocks: "Typical Everton screwing it up again, he's the missing part of the jigsaw, exactly what we need"

Plays in a couple of games where we were absolutely awful: "He can only take free kicks, rubbish footballer I've said this all along maybe now people will listen"

lollollol The utter state of this place nowadays

The "I want it all, now" generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back