Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone who thinks he was anonymous today - he had 26 touches - in his entire career to date he averages 25 touches a game.

People who think we've bought someone who'll be a playmaker astound me.

Tbh I wanted Gylfi - not because I thought he was a David Silva type playmaker, but for a few moments of productive magic each game. Productive in all the ways Ross isn't.
However, if he's playing on the left (and I'm fine with that tbh), we need pace on the other side of the pitch, we need a strong mobile centre forward he can find, and we need other midfielders who can run with the ball and pull defenders out of position.
We have none of the above.

I really wanted him but more as a cheeky £20m bid to lure him away. I thought he'd be a great option within the team but I'm really not convinced we can build a side around him. Very early days of course but he just doesn't look like that type of player.

Physically he looks so far off it right now. That has to change.

I really wanted him but more as a cheeky £20m bid to lure him away. I thought he'd be a great option within the team but I'm really not convinced we can build a side around him. Very early days of course but he just doesn't look like that type of player.

Physically he looks so far off it right now. That has to change.

I said this in a post yesterday. You cannot build a team around this man, or expect too much from him. He doesn't do enough good work/influence the match from open play. The majority of his work is done via set pieces. The stats prove this completely. Worse still, we didn't even sign a target man to compliment the things he's actually good at. Another example of complete ineptitude from the manager and the club.

He's unfortunate in that we didn't buy the players needed to allow him to work in a system.

He's not a patch on Barkley, never was, never will be, but he's been badly done over by us not bringing in a high level striker to play alongside him to give him a chance.

£40m plus, even in this market, was always ridiculous.

I said this in a post yesterday. You cannot build a team around this man, or expect too much from him. He doesn't do enough good work/influence the match from open play. The majority of his work is done via set pieces. The stats prove this completely. Worse still, we didn't even sign a target man to compliment the things he's actually good at. Another example of complete ineptitude from the manager and the club.

I'll be honest, I only ever watched him on the highlights and he's the type of player who'll look great on them. In terms of influencing the game throughout the 90 minutes all the signs suggests you're right.

Swansea, for all their faults were a team that liked to move the ball around quickly. They like to pass and move, with little one two's which helped him as there was always movement around him. That is the area we mostly struggle as we are so static, its like staring at a fuseball table.

Swansea, for all their faults were a team that liked to move the ball around quickly. They like to pass and move, with little one two's which helped him as there was always movement around him. That is the area we mostly struggle as we are so static, its like staring at a fuseball table.
Spot on Swansea did try to play football, we can't put three passes together?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back