Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointing me this. I was made up with him signing, had been banging on for years about wanting him.

Seems he's very good when played in his favoured system of having a big target man to aim at and playing in behind him. Outside... I'm afraid we're seeing similar patterns to his performances at Spurs.

He really wasn't though.

He already has 1 goal and 1 assist for us from open play in 7 games. That is the same record he had last year. Only thing missing are set piece goals and assists. He is touching the ball more for us and completing more passes than he did on average last year.

This isn't Siggy in poor form, this is what he is.

Siggi scored nine League goals and made 13 assists for Swansea last season. Or do you have other stats?

Siggi scored nine League goals and made 13 assists for Swansea last season. Or do you have other stats?

My stats are literally in the post you quoted, but if you want more I've got more.

Over the last 2 seasons he played a total of 6296 minutes in the PL

He created 16 PL goals - 8 from open play, 5 from free kicks, 3 from corners (as the set piece king of the PL created 0 from set plays the year before last)

That averages out to a 8 assists every 6296 minutes, or 1 every 787 minutes played. Or 1 open play assist every 8.7 games.

So far he has 1 open play assist in 659 minutes played. He is outperforming his average performance so far for us.

But Timak you are being unfair to include 2 full PL seasons as he was playing for Swansea and they are rubbish....plus why miss out set pieces they count too.

OK since 2010/11 he has played 16292 minutes and created 40 goals - that is one every 4.5 games and scored 1 every 3.5 games.

Isn't that good?

Yes those are good figures. However lets look at our set piece taker over those same years - Baines.

If I include all years for Baines he averages an assist every 5.7 games. If I take the last 2 seasons off (injuries and age) he was creating a goal every 4.9 games.

So Sigurdsson, from the number 10 position or upfront is about as creative as our left back.

Yeah but he didn't replace Baines did he, he is taking over creative duties from Ross.

So what has Barkley done in the last few years?

He averages an assist every 4.1 games.

He has scored 27 goals in the last three seasons..

Barkley has scored 13 goals in the last three seasons..nul points last season

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back