Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not a bad player. He’s being managed badly. He needs dropping, send him off on hols for a week, let him get his head right, then bring him back in as sub, gaining more time from the bench. Bring him on when we’re winning etc... y’know, manage him.

His confidence is shot, he’s feeling pressure and probably putting too much of it on himself.

Completely different player for Iceland than he is for Everton.

Either the environment is 'Too Big' for him which is similar to his time at Spurs, or the Manager, his Systems and this team just arent helping get the best out of him. The last two international breaks he bagged for Iceland and sent them to the World Cup, he then followed those games up with awful displays for Everton. There is a brilliant player there, but i dont think we'll see the best of him until the Manager gets replaced.

Some really embarrassing posts here.

The lad has barely been here without a preseason and thrown into a team in disarray, where everyone looks crap and often out of position.

I swear some of you want players to fail - so quick to demand loyalty from players but offer none.

Give your heads a wobble.

See: Fellaini, Stones, Lukaku etc etc.

Tear a strip off them at every opportunity, then cry/call them out when they sod off and wonder why they do the business elsewhere.

Sigurdsson is a very good player is a team currently setup to fail.

The lad has barely been here without a preseason and thrown into a team in disarray, where everyone looks crap and often out of position.

I swear some of you want players to fail - so quick to demand loyalty from players but offer none.

Niasse didn't have a preseason either and has still scored twice. Vlasic hasn't played for us but fitted in well.

To me it's more about a hint that he, and Klassen, and Sandro, have that "something" to offer by showing glimpses in games.

In Siggurdson's case, can he influence from open play? He's showed zero of that.

For the most part, we've bought players who need a team based around them to help their main attributes.

As we don't have them, they're not performing. And we spend a lot of money on them.

Niasse didn't have a preseason either and has still scored twice. Vlasic hasn't played for us but fitted in well.

To me it's more about a hint that he, and Klassen, and Sandro, have that "something" to offer by showing glimpses in games.

In Siggurdson's case, can he influence from open play? He's showed zero of that.

For the most part, we've bought players who need a team based around them to help their main attributes.

As we don't have them, they're not performing. And we spend a lot of money on them.

We'd be all likelihood be out of the Europa League by now without him.

Football also existed before this season, and my opinion is that Sigurdsson is a top player and it's far too early to be as conclusive in writing him off as some are doing here.

Nobody has done well for Everton this season and that's telling.

I'm holding back on judging Sig until Unsworth gets to manage him for a few weeks.

*crosses fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back