Happy birthday Joe Royle - my hero -

From 1968 onwards a teenage Joe Royle was terrorising first division defences and banging goals in. People forget that he only had his 20th birthday during the 1970 championship season. He really had the lot, if it hadn't been for the serious back injury that he got a couple of seasons later, there is no knowing just how good he'd have been. He was still a good player when he returned to fitness, but, he had to manage the back condition for the rest of his career,

Still the best centre forward I've seen in blue.

From 1968 onwards a teenage Joe Royle was terrorising first division defences and banging goals in. People forget that he only had his 20th birthday during the 1970 championship season. He really had the lot, if it hadn't been for the serious back injury that he got a couple of seasons later, there is no knowing just how good he'd have been. He was still a good player when he returned to fitness, but, he had to manage the back condition for the rest of his career,

Still the best centre forward I've seen in blue.
Had several Discs removed if I remember

One of my first few games my Dad took me to Southampton home in 71 i think scored 4 in an 8 nil win i thought this was going to be the norm unfortunately hasn't worked out that way but i can say not like many that i have actually had good times :(
I was there, heavy snow if I remember.

His birthday was on the 8th…but nonetheless he was a great player and number 9 for us, DCL cant even dream of hitting his goal scoring achievements. Mind you he played for some proper Everton sides……
If DCL had Ball, Harvey, Kendall behind him and had Husband and Morrisey alongside him then I certainly could he would have far more opportunities created for him

I was there, heavy snow if I remember.
it was i forgot that just checked and he crowd was only just over 28k the season after we won the 1st division wonder if it was the weather that put people off as i was only 8 at the time i really didnt take any notice of that

If you search for Joe Royle, this thread is the 3rd thing after his wiki page and the Everton website news about renaming the road leading to FF:

Screenshot_20240411_155742_Chrome.jpg

Well done @Joey66