Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Howard Kendall he said he inherited an imbalanced squad and it needed a Peter Reid (for example), Steven (bought with the sale of FO McMahon) Heath, Bracewell and Gray and the original 7 to put things into shape. Everyone can see how deficient we were in several areas (Right back, left back after Digne until VM settled in, all over midfield, up front until DCL recovers.. centre-half, creative midfielders - in fact just about anywhere except - presently - Right wing Left Back, Keeper, Strikers (and maybe now, with Tarkowski, not so bad at CH).. So I am sure - having heard all the complaints about most of the squad outside the first XI things can only get better!

That £25m fee rumour is terrifying. Looks to be the exact kind of player we need to stop signing. We’ll see but not optimistic with this one…
Exactly. I know the market is inflated the last few years but how on earth can a Spurs cast off be worth anything remotely close to that figure. Will be just another burden on finances until the contract expires. Just another Tosun, Rondon etc. etc. etc.

Take it you didn't watch the away game v us then mate.
Now now, you know better than that to sue a player on a performance against us. We have this knack of making average players look like Ballon d'Or candidates. But no serious he is a good player I agree with you.

I would
It will be a loan or at worst a cheap deal 10mil max. He won’t be out first choice midfielder, especially for 25mil he won’t even be close imo

Levy is notorious at getting good deals. It'll be £25m or we won't get him. No way will they let him go for £10m or on loan.

To clarify, Harry Winks takes the ball from defenders and moves it up the field better than anyone in our squad right now.

Also, he is decent, hardly Xavi, but decent...again, we finished 16th, Spurs 4th.

We will need better players. Not pinnacle worldies, but better players...which Winks is.
You're far too sensible for this thread.

Get out whilst you can.

Levy is notorious at getting good deals. It'll be £25m or we won't get him. No way will they let him go for £10m or on loan.
That’s fine then, we hold the Aces it makes no difference what spurs want, we will walk away
I also think it’s a bit of a myth. He paid 60mil ndombele 52mil Lo Celso. Over 40mil Sanchez they lost out on Diaz because of his amazing negotiating skills

Status
Not open for further replies.