Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this transfer doesn't happen , I had hoped that since the change of manager this deal was no longer being considered.
We have to trust Frank Lampard I just hope he is not having this deal pushed on him by Mosh or his mate.
Reading a Spurs forum he sounds like there version of Tom Davies and if that is the case I would rather stick with Tom and spend the money elsewhere.
One particular post said
" he has the physical presence of a hologram "
As I said I hope it doesn't happen but if it does he starts with a clean sheet we have to give him a chance.

I really hope this transfer doesn't happen , I had hoped that since the change of manager this deal was no longer being considered.
We have to trust Frank Lampard I just hope he is not having this deal pushed on him by Mosh or his mate.
Reading a Spurs forum he sounds like there version of Tom Davies and if that is the case I would rather stick with Tom and spend the money elsewhere.
One particular post said
" he has the physical presence of a hologram "
As I said I hope it doesn't happen but if it does he starts with a clean sheet we have to give him a chance.

Nah, he gets stick a bit more than others because he's a homegrown player - it happens here too. Osman, Barkley, Davies etc - it's a theme, but I couldn't tell you why it happens.

The only way he's similar to Davies is in the way he gets abuse

As a midfielder, he's one of the better players in the division at making line-breaking passes from deeper areas. He uses the ball extremely well. I absolutely get why Lampard might think he's the sort of player we need. It's the same reason I thought he might fancy trying to get Billy Gilmour in. He often played with Jorginho at the base of a 433 at Chelsea and I can see why he thinks Winks can perform the same sort of role. That said, there's a couple of problems with this - firstly I'm not sure he's the sort of player our fans will take to because he isn't the most physical player in the world and secondly I'm not entirely certain we are good enough to have a player like this being the screen in front of our back 4. Even City have Rodri (a big lad) and Liverpool have Fabinho (another monster) doing this. Personally, while I understand the train of thought that leads Lampard to wanting Winks, I think it's overly ambitious because we will need to defend more than a lot of the top sides and having a deep-lying playmaker like Winks anchoring the midfield might be asking for trouble.

If it's between Winks and Zinchenko we'd be utterly daft to go for Winks.. but then I wouldn't put it past this club.

They're totally different types of players though? I can easily see how they'd both fit into a 433, my worry there would be that we would be incredibly lightweight

Nah, he gets stick a bit more than others because he's a homegrown player - it happens here too. Osman, Barkley, Davies etc - it's a theme, but I couldn't tell you why it happens.

The only way he's similar to Davies is in the way he gets abuse

As a midfielder, he's one of the better players in the division at making line-breaking passes from deeper areas. He uses the ball extremely well. I absolutely get why Lampard might think he's the sort of player we need. It's the same reason I thought he might fancy trying to get Billy Gilmour in. He often played with Jorginho at the base of a 433 at Chelsea and I can see why he thinks Winks can perform the same sort of role. That said, there's a couple of problems with this - firstly I'm not sure he's the sort of player our fans will take to because he isn't the most physical player in the world and secondly I'm not entirely certain we are good enough to have a player like this being the screen in front of our back 4. Even City have Rodri (a big lad) and Liverpool have Fabinho (another monster) doing this. Personally, while I understand the train of thought that leads Lampard to wanting Winks, I think it's overly ambitious because we will need to defend more than a lot of the top sides and having a deep-lying playmaker like Winks anchoring the midfield might be asking for trouble.
You may be right I just hope it doesn't happen as I can't see him improving our midfield.

I think he only worked temporarily when Pochettino was at his best with the squad, getting the best out of the players and the system. But we need a midfielder who's ready to go, if we're spending £20m, or at least someone who is physically bigger and faster - Allan, Gomes, Doucoure are not the big physical presence we need ..

Status
Not open for further replies.