Have you changed your mind about Niasse?

Have you changed your mind about Niasse?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My poor post. I was agreeing with you. Trying to emphasise that because we've been so poor he's been much needed. I would hope we sign enough quality though that he cant get near the starting 11 next season.

Ah, I thought you were suggesting I was saying he shouldn’t get game time - I was just suggesting we must do better moving forwards.

Sad indictment on the team that he does though, isn’t it?

He makes an impact nearly every time he comes on, I don’t know how half the time but he does.

Like quite a few of our players you’d hope we have better options and they wouldn’t get near the 11, unfortunately at the moment we don’t.

I think if you give Tosun and Niasse the same minutes over a season there wouldn’t be much difference goal wise. Niasse would probably win on misplaced passes like.

not sure why all the hate. rather have players with low ceilings doing everything they can for the club, playing their hearts out and maintaining a positive attitude than more capable players just half-assing it around the pitch and who don't give a toss.

ideally we'd have the best of both worlds - a squad of Colemans who are both capable and bleed royal blue - but we don't. And it's not like those players (or even managers) are opting to come here.

Want better, sure, but like the guy and hope he does well as an impact sub.

Reactions: Tak

He isn’t a bad player by any stretch and would get in the majority of the bottom half of the table sides but he isn’t good enough for Everton

I like the lad as a human being, he never stops trying and a hell of a lot of our more talented players should take a leaf out of his book, but he's a bottom half of the premier league (at best) player and if we look to players like him in the future then that is the best league placing we can hope for.

No he's not an intelligent player mate. He runs in straight lines, doesn't drop into good space in deeper positions and so on.

In fact, he's so bad at these things that he causes chaos because defenders expect better and don't anticipating him doing the least expected things.

He's a grafter in the Stracqualursi mould but with more pace and better finishing ability. There's a place for a player like that but, let's get real here, if we had 'proper' ambitions he wouldn't be in the squad. We're the best he'll ever play for.

He is intelligent in his movement. Or maybe he is just the only player we have got who bothers to move into any space at all.

Its a lazy generalization that he is so bad that he is good. He is a decent player who makes things happen on the pitch.

Of course we could do better if we had "proper" ambitions but right now he is not one of the problems.

250-1 to be top goalscorer in the World Cup for all you Niasse fans.....

Oddly enough, according to oddschecker Gylfi is 400-1 & Rooney(??!) is 200-1.

I like him. I can think of a dozen players who would be out if the door well before him.

However, he isn't good enough for where we want to be. I will continue to support him for his time here and hope he is always valued for his efforts and will be well thought of by the fans.

Or score 40 goals a season for the next 5 years and be a legend...

He’s more than good enough to be an impact player off the bench. Everyone moans about no plan B then when we have a player suited to that role it’s all ‘he’s not good enough for us’. Our recent back up strikers have been: Andy Johnson, James McFadden, Victor Anichebe, Stracquilarsi, Arouna Kone, Naismith, Enner Valencia, Calvert Lewin. Are we really saying that Niasse is out of place in that company?

He's simply not good enough but at least he gives us the minimum requirement, 100% effort every time he steps on the pitch..

If we had more players with his attitude we'd be top 5 minimum, He creates stuff out of literally running around and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.