HEDGEHOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

We always have them here. I think the cat biscuits attracted them at first but now they're here every year. Seen a family of them last year, the babies were tiny! Always end up taking one to the hedgehog hospital that's been out in the daylight. There's a woman in Neston who takes great care of them then I go and pick the healthy Hog up and release it back in the garden. Costs me a fortune dropping her a few quid for looking after them but worth it when you get them coming back all the time.

We always have them here. I think the cat biscuits attracted them at first but now they're here every year. Seen a family of them last year, the babies were tiny! Always end up taking one to the hedgehog hospital that's been out in the daylight. There's a woman in Neston who takes great care of them then I go and pick the healthy Hog up and release it back in the garden. Costs me a fortune dropping her a few quid for looking after them but worth it when you get them coming back all the time.
Great you take the time to do that...we used to have them for many years in our back a few years ago but sadly they seem to have disappeared in recent years...too many fussy arse flagged gardens with fort knox fencing and floodlights etc. My late brother who lived here too kept the back of the garden rough to accommodate them...meaty catfood and water. he took a small one that was out in daylight and too weak to Freshfield Animal Rescue once ....a young fella there used to look after them till they were big enough to release. We gave him a few quid sling of course ...they dont run on fresh air unlike as some people think. Its never wasted kindness to animals....you get it back twofold - often in ways you don't realise sometimes.

I've seen 'em a few times, mostly when I was young and often in friends apartments or online.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-24%20at%2011.46.56%20AM_zps8poeg0zu.png

I haven't seen a live hedgehog for years and I've lived in rural areas for most of the last 20 years- seen dead ones on the road. I had wondered if their numbers were declining due to the lack of sightings.

I've seen more bats, badgers, deer and foxes than hedgehogs.

What's your charity - happy to donate a few quid to help them. PM me if you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back