Hibbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta2391

Player Valuation: £30m
Ive always liked the way played and he is certainly a natural defender but I think we certainly need someone else playing RB at this moment.

Hilbert is too slow and is not as built as the rest of the players in the pitch which totally affects the tactics of the game. Today against Fiorentina he was not able to keep up with Arteta and chase the balls that Arteta gave him which made me frustrated.

Any suggestions on the future of Tony Hibbert?

Last edited:
Hibbert is a loyal everton player, hes startign to play wel in the team with the chances he has, and he is starting to link up well with arteta. He has a great tackle too. Tonight he did play badly really, i thought he played better when arteta came on, and i didnt see any pace deficiency on his part, he did exactly what was needed of him i nthe overlapping runs.

Keep him as a sub, a squad player incase Moyes' precious Neville gets injured

Best outfield player today by a country mile.

No way! It was Jags...again. Our worst players got shown up for what they are tonight. That being not good enough. Those players that regularly gave the ball away and offered nothig to the team were Carsley, Neville and Hibbert. We need to improve on all these players and need to NEVER EVER again play Carsley and Neville in the same midfield.

He's an average defender. He didn't play bad today and the 2-0 result was defo not his fault.

It less a lack of pace than an eternity to react to a pass. It's almost like he's scared of offending someone by asserting himself. There's also the fact that his distrobution is appalling. He's a capable defender but gives the ball away almost every time he has it.

It less a lack of pace than an eternity to react to a pass. It's almost like he's scared of offending someone by asserting himself. There's also the fact that his distrobution is appalling. He's a capable defender but gives the ball away almost every time he has it.

Who didn't tonight(n)

It less a lack of pace than an eternity to react to a pass. It's almost like he's scared of offending someone by asserting himself. There's also the fact that his distrobution is appalling. He's a capable defender but gives the ball away almost every time he has it.[/QUOTE

No worse than your spelling though.

wasnt the worst tonight.

not seen yobo so nervous and three yards behind for some time.

im struggling. when the vast majority of the side doesnt play well we cant expect champagne football, especially not against good opposition like fiorentina.

howard and jags can pat each other on the back and congratulate each other on a good nights work.

pienaar and yak can look themselves in the eye in the mirror and feel let down, not only because of themselves.

lescott - bad touch and not as strong as every other game this season - benefit of the doubt.
yobo - atrocious, i hope to hell its nerves. if its bottle, he and we have had it.
hibbert - singled out by them and played at all night, defended ok, but was always the extra man played to to hump it forward which meant we lost possession.
neville - bit like hibbert, tried to stop the tide on our right side, but wasnt up to it tonight, passing, abysmal.
carsley - i waited 90 minutes for a real challenge with some vinegar to arrive, it didnt, their number four wanted a crack as soon as minute three. i want some fight lee, i want some fight ASAP.
osman - too easily bamboozled by snidey italian cheats all night, sly kicks, and knocks saw him levered off the ball before he knew he was involved. plays best when those around him are firing - not the spark for fire, more the fuel.
cahill - uefa isnt the prem, and this ref wasnt playing ball all night, so why keep throwing arms up and calling for decisions that were never going to come. it was on you to get a nasty yellow then to be subbed for aj or arteta. roy keane, paddy vieira knew when to give a [Poor language removed] smack out, it was when the lads are on the back foot and looking for some confidence and strength.

aj - introduced to late, we went searching, but for some reason resorted to humping 50 yard balls up to him to win against players a foot and a half taller.

that fiorentina are a quick side in every position and that the referee who helped the kopites two weeks ago seemed intent on evening up the score regarding italinas versus merseyside opposition didnt help one bit.

not heard moyes comments yet, i hope its short and sweet, because in six days we have a chance to regain some pride and confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back