Hibbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It less a lack of pace than an eternity to react to a pass. It's almost like he's scared of offending someone by asserting himself. There's also the fact that his distrobution is appalling. He's a capable defender but gives the ball away almost every time he has it.

i feel like i've watched a different game from all of you judging by these comments, i thought hibbert was [Poor language removed], but still one of our best players out there (after howard and jags). i saw him send a couple clever balls up the wing, and he even had that bit of fancy footwork a little after half time that let us keep possession.

i see what your saying though about him pushing forward, clearly he's not an offensive oriented player. i'm sure he realizes he's barely cutting it for a place in this squad, so he's mindful of what is expected of him: not to [Poor language removed] up. its what he did against city, he kept their offense at bay which was all that was expected of him. did you see the shot he skied away against pompey? clearly the boy does not like pushing forward, and i think the other players should be mindful of that.

i didn't really see him give the ball away too many times today, i recall one time where he tried to make a play against the offense, realized he couldn't so he passed it safely back to howard, which i thought was the smart move.

i should note that neither goal originated from his area of the playing field.

a few times tonight players stopped moving.

a few times tonight players stopped communicating.

what happened was hesitancy, it didnt happen to fiorentina which meant that balls they never had a hope of winning they had a chance at or worse were gifted.

we threw possession away so often it appeared the ball was a disease.

No way! It was Jags...again. Our worst players got shown up for what they are tonight. That being not good enough. Those players that regularly gave the ball away and offered nothig to the team were Carsley, Neville and Hibbert. We need to improve on all these players and need to NEVER EVER again play Carsley and Neville in the same midfield.

Uh no.

Jags didn't come anywhere close to Hibbert's quality last night.

Like I said, some people see what they want to see and vice versa. Love or hate Hibbert, he WAS the best of a bad bunch last night excluding Howard.

I thought hibbert had a decent game, as did Jags and Howard...the rest were awful though.

If you want to hate on Hibbert then there is a bucket load of games for you to choose from but last night's is not one.
And Hibbert tried a few times to play football from the back but was badly let down by the midfield, Osman in particular.

I also think Hibbert was far from our worst player last night. Worst thing he did was that sliding tackle which missed the guy but if it had made contact would have been a penalty.

the best piece of play all night was when jags mis placed a pass between hibbert and neville and hibbo got to the ball and touched it past a viola and then dinked it out to the wing as another viola closed in. very tidy play.

I'm wondering here how certain players get hated on consistently, even when they have OK games, whereas other favourites of the forums get a free pass.

First goal, who's that jogging gently across to cover the open man who is taking the clear shot on target?
Second goal, who's marking the man at the throw-in but then ignores him once it is taken and gives him a free shot in the box?

Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favourite players (and of many here) but let's be fair, there's a failure of basic attention here worse than anything Hibbo or Neville or Yobo did and yet they get the stick and I have yet to see anything about this player in particular.

Uh no.

Jags didn't come anywhere close to Hibbert's quality last night.

Like I said, some people see what they want to see and vice versa. Love or hate Hibbert, he WAS the best of a bad bunch last night excluding Howard.

Agreed TX, people seem to think that he must have played badly because he was substituted. Last night I'd have hooked the skipper off or jags as both were hacking it everywhere. In fairness to Jags he has been brilliant for us over recent months, last night was another part of his learning curce, live with it guys.

Now is not the time for recriminations of any variety, we all have a duty to get behind OUR team and not rock the boat like this.

i was really gutted the team as a whole just could not put a foot on the ball. it really was like watching a game of hot potato where the players could not get rid of the ball fast enough.

after each substitution they scored... perhaps moyes should have left the starting 11 to slug it out till the end.

Wrote a thread on him last week and i stand by it. Ok, not blessed with great talent but i dont think he's a bad player. As for last night, certainly was not the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back