History

And, another one, shocking :

I mean if you ask the question in Russia 90 percent would probably said Red Army, its just how it is.
I think poll in Germany itself would be most interesting, though it would probably differ now than if question was asked in post-war years, considering what Red Army done when they entered Germany (revenge is mild word to describe it).

Last weeks of the war Germans continued to fight only for one reason, so they could escape West and surrender to Western allies or evacuate population there. If you surrendered to the Russians gulag awaited you.
I read that of 100 000 survivors of 6th army that surrendered at Stalingrad only like 6000 survived captivity.

One of the most astounding parts of the war is how Red Army was so unprepared for German attack in 1941, yeah, yeah, Stalin expected/hoped for rerun of WW1 and Germans and French/Brits mauling each other for years.

But after fall of France i genuinely don't understand how Stalin didn't prepare better for what was coming, writing was on the wall, fricking Hitler had his entire plan printed in Mein Kampf years earlier about Slavs "untermensch" and Generalplan Ost (genocide of Soviet population). Your intelligence warned him, his spies warned him, but he still didn't believe it.
But also, only an arrogant imbecile would try to invade Russia and not take into account what happened the last time an invading army tried it.

Ie... Napoleon, and all the Russian forces had to do was retreat backwards towards Siberia while employing a scorched earth policy.

That's what undid him in the end, and Nazi's suffered the same fate. 🤷‍♂️

Meeting between King Henry VIII and Emperor Maximilian von Habsburg before Battle of the Spurs against French, 1513

View attachment 259905
Who probably then just sat back and watched their men massacre each other in their names... 🙄

To quote Mel Brookes...

tumblr_o6ne0vGIti1qj6sk2o1_400.gif

Last edited:

Yesterday marked the 17th anniversary of the start of the Gazan civil war when Hamas defeated Fatah and threw the PA out of Gaza.

Here is some of the less gruesome footage, featuring Haniyeh waving from a balcony and the PA leadership, inc Mahmoud Abbas, praying.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back