History

Very interesting article.

GPkx1IfWgAADUW8
Dublin was a big deal in 1854

I've been to Northern France and Belgium a few times now on war graves tours, and while it's now grown over you can still see the physical scars of the war.

Moreover, the Belgian and French governments still have dedicated teams dealing with ordinance from the wars that farmers unearth on a regular basis.

If you haven't been already and ever get the chance, visit Lochnagar in the Somme (Picardy). In regard to Ypres and Birkenhead, I've never heard that...

... and I've visited and stayed in Ypres and around the salient many times.
I'm surprised half of Europe doesn't blow up, considering how many conventional bombs were strewn around the place during WWII.

Everyone of those royal families in red were more inbred than a character in deliverance
I know "our" Emperor Franz Joseph (as Croatia was part of Habsburg Monarchy) was married to his 1st cousin (their mothers were sisters), but incest was good old Habsburg tradition.

Also yours Victoria and Albert were cousins i believe, while in 1914 at the start of WW1 German Kaiser, Russian Tsar and your King were all cousins.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back