Votes: 398 56.1%
  • Not all that

Votes: 51 7.2%
  • Queso en pan tostado

Votes: 36 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky are so desperate for this deal that they won't even report that we have said he isn't for sale, the whole media bias is just so wrong on so many levels, and is one of many reasons why there will never be a level playing field for clubs

Only thing I've seen is the echo report "sources inside the club have said he ain't for sale"

Not quite the same as the manager or chairman going on record saying he isn't for sale at any price.

Stupid idea for the same reason players can't come out and say they don't want to leave. Then the club gets a £35m bid, would be insane not to sell, and then the more thick members of the fanbase start drivelling on about 'broken promises' and 'selling club' and 'Judas'

Only thing I've seen is the echo report "sources inside the club have said he ain't for sale"

Not quite the same as the manager or chairman going on record saying he isn't for sale at any price.

The manager and chairman can't respond to every transfer rumour whilst they remain rumours

So if United gave us 25 million for Coleman, would you be happy if we immediately bought him back for the same price? Or would that just be a very silly way to spend 25 million pound?

they might say something properly if there actually being any interest in him.
So far there's been no bid, one jarg twitter account that's said there's an interest and a bunch of lazy newspapers with nothing better to write about who've repeated it. They've then come on here and seen someone saying they fancy the look of Byram and made up another layer to the story and are prtraying it as proof that Coleman is away..

come on people....

Why would they say that?

Of course Seamus is up for sale if an outrageous amount of money is offered.

Every footballer on this planet would be sold if an offer way over his worth is received.

I think EFC are not in the slightest bit interested in selling him.....but if some club offered silly money for him that offer would have to be considered.

So if United gave us 25 million for Coleman, would you be happy if we immediately bought him back for the same price? Or would that just be a very silly way to spend 25 million pound?

What do you mean? Would I want us to spend £25m on Coleman?

That's a pretty good way of looking at it. I certainly wouldn't. Get in that Bryam lad and with the 15-20m left over, get this number 10 that Roberto keeps banging on about.

The club can't comment on every piece of drivel written by the media, so far it's speculation nothing more, therefore there's no need to comment.

This x 1000.

If the club was minded to respond to every piece of drivel which appears in the media, mainstream or social, it would need to employ a small army of spokespeople to keep up with it all :(

This x 1000.

If the club was minded to respond to every piece of drivel which appears in the media, mainstream or social, it would need to employ a small army of spokespeople to keep up with it all :(

Yeah and we're already skint as it is, having to pay for all those lawnmowers and computers you know...

Can you believe that the clueless Geordie sister paper of the Echo, the Trinity Mirror-owned Chronicle has written an article on Coleman bemoaning how Newcastle could have signed him in 2009? Apart from calling him a '£25m Man' and acting as if it's a given that he's going to Man Utd, the absolute best bit is some fella in the paper quoted as saying 'I think Everton paid £200,000 for him'.

WTF? We've been singing how much we paid for him for the last 5 years!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-newcastle-united-blew-chance-9551095

There is a lot of weird about this but I think the weirdest part for me is that the article appears to me primarily upset that they're missing out on selling a player for a lot of money. As if that's the very height of ambition ... to sell someone to a "big club."

We don't want to sell him.

Newcastle are jealous of something we don't even want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back