How do we ‘fix’ the relationship between fans and the club?

BZO7y_.gif

I'm going to say something that a lot of you won't agree with and will hate...

We all know how badly the club has been run into the ground, on and off the pitch. It's depressing. It's tiring. It's frustrating. BUT I'm sick of hearing "we'll get behind them when they give us something to cheer about" We have several options as fans turning up to the match:

A, Sit in silence.
B, Create a tense, horrible atmosphere as soon as the first minor mistake is made.
C, Get behind them from the start, accepting it won't all be pretty, it won't all go our way. But, we can make an atmosphere.

Now, I understand why most choose A or B. I do, but it offers absolutely nothing. Look, I know you don't like Keane or Young, I know you want them to drive forward or just win a game. But this is the situation we're in. Last season we finished 22 points from relegation (without the points deduction) that's a huge step forward. That included a winless streak at the beginning and a longggg streak in winter. Yet still, we finished 22 points ahead. So maybe, just maybe we can actually take steps forward.

But we need an honest chat. Goodison is toxic. It's awful. Away fans mock us weekly. It's silent or we're on the players backs the second they misplace a pass. Those players (wrongly) are petrified of making mistakes and are shunning responsibility. It's like the ball is on fire, they want rid immediately. I truly believe if we improved the atmosphere and accepted mistakes happen. We'd see a difference over time.

Fixing the relationship requires only 1 thing from the club... win a few games, imagine winning 3 in a row we'd be bouncing in here.

Fixing the relationship requires only 1 thing from the club... win a few games, imagine winning 3 in a row we'd be bouncing in here.
Winning games would help, but the issue with a winning streak like that is without anything else happening we all know where that’s going to end up eventually.

I'm going to say something that a lot of you won't agree with and will hate...

We all know how badly the club has been run into the ground, on and off the pitch. It's depressing. It's tiring. It's frustrating. BUT I'm sick of hearing "we'll get behind them when they give us something to cheer about" We have several options as fans turning up to the match:

A, Sit in silence.
B, Create a tense, horrible atmosphere as soon as the first minor mistake is made.
C, Get behind them from the start, accepting it won't all be pretty, it won't all go our way. But, we can make an atmosphere.

Now, I understand why most choose A or B. I do, but it offers absolutely nothing. Look, I know you don't like Keane or Young, I know you want them to drive forward or just win a game. But this is the situation we're in. Last season we finished 22 points from relegation (without the points deduction) that's a huge step forward. That included a winless streak at the beginning and a longggg streak in winter. Yet still, we finished 22 points ahead. So maybe, just maybe we can actually take steps forward.

But we need an honest chat. Goodison is toxic. It's awful. Away fans mock us weekly. It's silent or we're on the players backs the second they misplace a pass. Those players (wrongly) are petrified of making mistakes and are shunning responsibility. It's like the ball is on fire, they want rid immediately. I truly believe if we improved the atmosphere and accepted mistakes happen. We'd see a difference over time.

The fans have standards.

I refuse to drop mine just because the club has.

Goodison has the atmosphere the club and team deserve.

Need to get a new owner.
New manager
Play some decent football.
Get rid of the deadwood around the squad.
Stay in the prem
New start in the new ground
Burn any relic of the Kenwright era.
Fans will be fine then.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back