How do we ‘fix’ the relationship between fans and the club?

I'm confused, why would we not be forced to pay the 10 months left on his contract?
That’s a negotiated settlement e.g. up front payment vs scheduled payments over remainder of contract. If they want full amount you pay over the remaining term of their contract

I'm confused, why would we not be forced to pay the 10 months left on his contract?
Normally they would prefer to a reduced payment upfront if Dyche sticks him with the U18's.

However, he keeps starting him in the Premiership, unfortunately.

Hence why they both should be fired, out of a canon.

Normally they would prefer to a reduced payment upfront if Dyche sticks him with the U18's.

However, he keeps starting him in the Premiership, unfortunately.

Hence why they both should be fired, out of a canon.

Why would he agree to less money? Frankly, that's why all of these guys are here sitting on the bench.

Holgate, for instance, will never make this much money playing football again. He's not taking less over the next 10 months to bail anyone out.

That’s a negotiated settlement e.g. up front payment vs scheduled payments over remainder of contract. If they want full amount you pay over the remaining term of their contract

I understand that, I just don't have a clue as to why he would accept that.

It's an interesting thread because quite simply it's a never ending cycling of 💩. Manager's and what's on the pitch along with results is usually a barometer. We had a crescendo during Lampard's time with the phantom headlocker on the loose and all that. That was 2022. 2023 & this year well it's the results, the ownership, the points deductions 💩 it's never ending.

Yes, you can release a player with a contract.

You pay them a portion of their remaining contract (Keane has 10 months left) and pay him 5 months upfront, then cancel his contract.
Can’t be done without mutual consent is what I mean, and fat chance Keane would give up 5 months wages (couple of million £?) when he knows by then he probably won’t have to do anything except sit on a bench and turn up to training.

I understand that, I just don't have a clue as to why he would accept that.
Yes, not rocket science but it allows him to enter into another contract now which would be longer term and would represent an overall increase in financial value tfor the remainder of his career surely. He’ll know he ain’t getting a new contract at our club, but if he’s a free agent he can sign outside the transfer window on more lucrative terms

Sack the current manager. Before people say we can’t afford it, just pay him his weekly salary and bang him on leave.

Hire new progressive manager, plenty unattached, one with a style of play that doesn’t resemble hoofball.

Win a couple of games playing half decent football.

That would be a start..

Sure you've done the start ...now do 12 months later when a big club comes in for that new progressive manager who everyone agrees transformed a relegation side. Who do we sign then? Another one? Do it every 12-24 months?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back