How do we fix our club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very concerned about our finances.

Bear in mind we have taken Fleetwoods director of football and put him as our chief scout.

Fleetwood are touting a young lad out for about 1.5m. Centre half.

Everton are unable to get the deal done over terms of cash and have been told to do one by the chairman.

Looking like Leeds may nab him.
Really embarrassing we don't have the ability to cough up a million or so and our glorious scout can't persuade his old club to come round to our terms.

Learn how to spend money properly?

There can’t have been a thought process about team building between the lot of them.

I’m in danger of longing for the days when we didn’t buy anyone. Instead all we have done is buy more deadwood.

Hire the best people possible in each role within the organisation. No sycophants,

A lot easier said than done of course. It leaves the obvious question, how does anything improve in a situation of mediocrity when no tells you anything is wrong?

It doesn’t, you get the odd glimmer of hope from time to time but that’s it and the club suffers long term for it which it is now.

I don’t understand why some have a issue with fellow fans who want the club to be the best it can. What is so bad with hoping to see that?
Bin all ex-Everton players on the staff and replace with people who don't feel entitled to a living from the club (not their fault it is the culture)

Either put Brands in charge of all signings or bin him and let the manager do it. We have had nobody as good as Moyes at spotting talent, maybe because no single person makes the decision.

Moshiri is an investor not a manager nor DOF so keep nose well out and sign the cheques. Finally bye to Bill. I have supported him in the past but current manager said he talks to Brands, Moshiri, Bill and probably Denice (why are you there?) Baxendale. Multiple bosses do not work, one report, one culture.

Notable Moyes and Bill had less money and better record. Keep it clear and simple.

1. Whatever Brand is, we need a new one. I thought a DoF implements a playing style, through all age groups (Long term strategy) Identifies players to play in that system & gets a coach to coach them. Obvs, this isn’t happening & needs to be rectified. Only 1 man should be culpable, and Brands is getting away with murder whilst everyone takes the flak

2. Get rid of the sentimentality at the club. Just because they once played for us doesn’t mean they’re good enough to coach us

3. Invest in youth, instead of wasting money on the likes of Iwobi, Rooney, Gylffi, invest in young talent.…Brands again.

4 Brands

5. Brands

6 Getting rid of Brands can’t be stated enough

The common denominator throughout all of this cackshow is Brands. Poor recruitment, bad Managerial choices (I know Mosh supposedly chose Benitez), but if you have the owner & DoF on different pages, that’s not good. Wasted over 100m on players & millions on managerial payoffs. Brands has cost the club ridiculous amounts of dough AND he gets a new 3 year contract on the back of it!!!!!
I totally understand what you are saying and agree that our DOF role is dysfunctional but cannot help but think that the role is not working because of interference from above him.

The points you correctly raise about the role setting the strategy/direction of travel are spot on but is our recent history a matter of Brands delegating his responsibility or interference from above? Have we seen a 'Brands' manager yet? Has he chosen to allow successive managers to pick our transfers? If the answer to that was yes then he is incompetent and needs sacking. If the answer is no and he is being told what to do by those above him (Moshiri) then the DOF role exists in title only and the problem is not him but the owner. Either way, something is not right.

Get rid of:

Marcel Brands
Denise Barret Baxendale
David Unsworth
Bill Kenwright
Duncan Ferguson
Grétar Steinsson
Leighton Baines
Jose Baxter

and any other ex player I have missed. Need a good clear our of the jobs for the boys.

Not one of those possibly except for DBB could be considered best in there profession.

IMG-20211130-WA0009.jpg

Great news everyone, Bill is here to save us apparently...

“Evertonism”

What a condescending bute. And typical he lauds Mr Phoney Theatrics in the process.

This is going to go on. A few decent results after “this period” and the majority will forget any of the mismanagement, smell it a mile off. Being reactionary is playing into their hands.

After the Watford game the decline has been brutal. No belief and just plain boring tactically inept football. It will be very difficult to right this sinking ship. Possible yes but will we finish above three other floundering teams. Dunc may hold the key.
“ Dunc may hold the key” He didn’t know how to use the substitute’s board, in fact he’s been replaced in that job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.