How good can Mirallas be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monty Forbes:
do you prefere striker or right midfielder

Mirallas reply:
I like both positions but I'd probably say I prefer to play on the wings because I get to get on the ball more. Sometimes as a striker it can be frustrating when you don't get so many touches.

thought he would of said Striker to be honest.

The Thierry Henry talk in another thread made me think whether Mirallas could be someone else who could be converted from a winger to a striker.

He managed 20 league goals in 25 games for Olympiacos and he almost reached double figures in all competitions for us last year.

He doesn't have the physique of Lukaku but he's only half an inch shorter than Suarez and an inch and a half shorter than Torres. It could be an option to try if Romelu is struggling and it would open the right wing up for Deulofeu.

The Thierry Henry talk in another thread made me think whether Mirallas could be someone else who could be converted from a winger to a striker.

He managed 20 league goals in 25 games for Olympiacos and he almost reached double figures in all competitions for us last year.

He doesn't have the physique of Lukaku but he's only half an inch shorter than Suarez and an inch and a half shorter than Torres. It could be an option to try if Romelu is struggling and it would open the right wing up for Deulofeu.

Think im correct in thinking that Mirallas has already spent some time upfront this season! Martinez is quite happy to stick him inside either with Lukaku or playing off him.

Think im correct in thinking that Mirallas has already spent some time upfront this season! Martinez is quite happy to stick him inside either with Lukaku or playing off him.

Isn't Mirallas normally replaced by Deulofeu? I know that Super Kev does float all over the place. It's strange that he's only managed 1 goal so far this season though...Baines, Oviedo, Deulofeu and Coleman have more than that!

Perhaps more attention could be given to improving the general fitness and stamina, but for me could be more games, build confidence and he may well achieve his potential.

I reckon he's wasted on the right. Make no mistake, he does a job there, but he looks so much more dangerous when he's cutting in from the left.

Isn't Mirallas normally replaced by Deulofeu? I know that Super Kev does float all over the place. It's strange that he's only managed 1 goal so far this season though...Baines, Oviedo, Deulofeu and Coleman have more than that!

Right there's the conundrum. Doing that means no Baines & Pienaar. tough one...

When he turns it on he's a game changer. Love watching him and he has a point to prove so hopefully he'll play well..

Status
Not open for further replies.