How good can Mirallas be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinchcliffesleftfoot

Player Valuation: £750k
Obviously, like all sane Toffees, very impressed with are latest Belg wonder. I get the impression that there is a lot more to come from him as he adjusts to the Prem and his new club, just wondering out aloud to be honest but I think he could become a huge player for us.

He has a touch of snide about him, immense pace and that all important Davey M work-rate plus the ability to bag goals (scored tonight against Serbia), Everton cult-hero in the making?:oops:

He's good enough for the team there's no doubt about that.

Just got a feeling he might turn out to be a bit like Nani is for United.

He's good enough for the team there's no doubt about that.

Just got a feeling he might turn out to be a bit like Nani is for United.

I'm not a big Nani fan so I hope your off the mark, personally I think he has the ability to become a fantastic all round attacker for us, some of his movement and one touch passing is great, just think he needs to work on his finishing a bit (which is odd as he was prolific in Greece)

Obviously, like all sane Toffees, very impressed with are latest Belg wonder. I get the impression that there is a lot more to come from him as he adjusts to the Prem and his new club, just wondering out aloud to be honest but I think he could become a huge player for us.

He has a touch of snide about him, immense pace and that all important Davey M work-rate plus the ability to bag goals (scored tonight against Serbia), Everton cult-hero in the making?:oops:

Have to disagree there.

He's got the makings of a very good player but he's left Coleman exposed a few times. His work rate is an issue for me.

Have to disagree there.

He's got the makings of a very good player but he's left Coleman exposed a few times. His work rate is an issue for me.

Do you not rate him then? Or would you rather he play in a different role (attacking midfielder ala Cahill/Felli) or do you think he needs a 'supportive' covering RB like Hibbert?

Do you not rate him then? Or would you rather he play in a different role (attacking midfielder ala Cahill/Felli) or do you think he needs a 'supportive' covering RB like Hibbert?

As i said i think he's got the makings of a very good player ;)

You can coach a higher work rate into somebody, for me it's a question of whether he improves in that respect or not. He has all the natural ability.

Personally i'd rather see him up front or behind the striker, when Jelavic is playing then i think he'd be great behind him, gives him more license to stay up the pitch rather than having to worry about tracking back so much.

As i said i think he's got the makings of a very good player ;)

You can coach a higher work rate into somebody, for me it's a question of whether he improves in that respect or not. He has all the natural ability.

Personally i'd rather see him up front or behind the striker, when Jelavic is playing then i think he'd be great behind him, gives him more license to stay up the pitch rather than having to worry about tracking back so much.

(sorry just re-read your initial big bolded response:oops:)

Have to sat I agree 100%, let him do his thing without the defensive shackles. Would say this might be tricky with Felli's form in the 'Cahill' role, but I think its great with have real options now.

Have to disagree there.

Is that due to his workrate or his positioning though? I'm sure there have been several instances this season where no matter who was playing right mid or right back there seemed to be a huge gap in front of the right back.

I might be imagining things but its often seemed that our right mid has been instructed to often come central to link up with play therefor leaving a gap behind him if he's not careful.

Is that due to his workrate or his positioning though? I'm sure there have been several instances this season where no matter who was playing right mid or right back there seemed to be a huge gap in front of the right back.

I might be imagining things but its often seemed that our right mid has been instructed to often come central to link up with play therefor leaving a gap behind him if he's not careful.

Could be a bit of both, but there have definitely been times when he's taken too long to track back after we've lost possession, happened at least three times against Southampton.

Not going to slate him for it though, it's a whole different world coming from the Greek league to the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.