How has the downturn affected your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought it was bad when we lost to stoke at home, i thought it was embarrasing when we squandered the lead against newcastle and inevitably ended up losing, i even contemplated whether or not i wanted to live after southampton a side who were near the bottom of league 1 3-4 years ago absolutely battered us. I think what tipped me over the edge was when i saw bieber wearing an everton shirt, knowing martinez has decided to bolster our leaky defence with a 5 ft 6 midget who has less meat than a christmas turkey has given me nightmares, i darent imagine the devastation that drogba will cause when he goes up against biebs. Alas i have faith in the management and will purchase my bieber everton shirt in due course.

I've gone off football a bit. I only watch the Everton matches now, didn't look at a single FA cup match this weekend. I'm a bit worried, to be honest, and I don't think the niggling sense of concern I now constantly feel at the back of my head will go anywhere until our next three points, which could be a while away.
Pretty much sums it up for me as well. Usually watch as many games as I can over the weekend but only watching our games these days.

I convince myself it's still the mid 80s shut myself away from TV & watch my old VHS recordings off the telly .. Sony Walkman keeps chewing my Talking Heads tape tho ..

We're on the road to nowhere ..

I had to go to work today.

So not a huge amount in literal terms.

but inside my soul is crushed

I've gone off football a bit. I only watch the Everton matches now, didn't look at a single FA cup match this weekend. I'm a bit worried, to be honest, and I don't think the niggling sense of concern I now constantly feel at the back of my head will go anywhere until our next three points, which could be a while away.
The FA Cup 3rd Round weekend is no fun anymore. I remember back in 2002 spending a whole day round my mates house, 3 games back to back on BBC, non-stop cups of tea, absolutely cracking time. Now with the game spread across 4 days and various channels, it's just like any old day. Shame.

It just depresses me because I didn't see it coming after last season. Well, apart from the last bit. And I haven't looked at the league table this week.

In spite of that, I fancy us in the cup tie. Don't know why, but probably because we're at home to West Ham who are playing miles above
themselves and are due for a reality check.

Can't remember the last time I watched MOTD

Hull was hard to swallow, after the first 10 mins we didn't wanna know an that hurt alot

Even questioned myself why I made the trip on new year day and it even felt like I wasted money an I never think that.

Why is it so hard at the moment what's happening?

I live with a group of design students, we don't have time to talk football, thankfully. Although a good part of my last night out was spent with the guys discussing how bad we've been. I downed my drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.