Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things take time! United had 13 pts from the first 10 matches, in last 20 matches they have had 46 points, more than any other league side. It's clear that the LVG's late start to the campaign which was due to his world cup commitments has affected them. We must also remember that it's not only LVG was new to the league, he had around 10 new players to the squad. Falcao, Herera, Shaw, ADM, Blind, Rojo was bought, while Wilson, Blackett, Pereira, Mcnair etc. are all new kids integrated fully to the squad. So, many new recruitment do require time to build a rapport and work as a team. I just feel fans of modern generation are too much in a hurry to get the result. In reality, for most part of the season they have been around 4th spot, results were there, only the performances were patchy.
Who's multi were you? lol

Things take time! United had 13 pts from the first 10 matches, in last 20 matches they have had 46 points, more than any other league side. It's clear that the LVG's late start to the campaign which was due to his world cup commitments has affected them. We must also remember that it's not only LVG was new to the league, he had around 10 new players to the squad. Falcao, Herera, Shaw, ADM, Blind, Rojo was bought, while Wilson, Blackett, Pereira, Mcnair etc. are all new kids integrated fully to the squad. So, many new recruitment do require time to build a rapport and work as a team. I just feel fans of modern generation are too much in a hurry to get the result. In reality, for most part of the season they have been around 4th spot, results were there, only the performances were patchy.
Can see why you have included the older players but not quite sure why you've listed lads like Pereira who has played a grand total of 14 minutes of league football at the end of a game being comfortably won 3-0. Would be like saying Ty Browning's promotion to the first team might have been a reason for Everton's sluggish start.

Even for the senior players lots of other sides have dealt similar issues much better. S'ton under Koeman for example had half his squad sold from under him and replaced with a combination of foreign players and youngsters - they got off to a romping start. Injuries and lack of squad depth have slowed them down a touch recently yet are still only 6pts behind Utd - if not for the somewhat lucky win in the head to head at St Mary's, it wouldn't even be that.

LVG joining late from the World Cup also doesn't explain why several months later he was still trialing 3 at the back, Rooney in midfield and ADM as a striker. The main reason that United were able to maintain 4th was that De Gea has had a brilliant season and a few of the usual rivals were putting in poor performances themselves.

Can see why you have included the older players but not quite sure why you've listed lads like Pereira who has played a grand total of 14 minutes of league football at the end of a game being comfortably won 3-0. Would be like saying Ty Browning's promotion to the first team might have been a reason for Everton's sluggish start.

Even for the senior players lots of other sides have dealt similar issues much better. S'ton under Koeman for example had half his squad sold from under him and replaced with a combination of foreign players and youngsters - they got off to a romping start. Injuries and lack of squad depth have slowed them down a touch recently yet are still only 6pts behind Utd - if not for the somewhat lucky win in the head to head at St Mary's, it wouldn't even be that.

LVG joining late from the World Cup also doesn't explain why several months later he was still trialing 3 at the back, Rooney in midfield and ADM as a striker. The main reason that United were able to maintain 4th was that De Gea has had a brilliant season and a few of the usual rivals were putting in poor performances themselves.
lineker mate, that guy is banned lol

Better them than the Kopites, I suppose.

This pretty much sums up my entire attitude to Man United

I have no particular beef with them at all and was never a dedicated ABU

It probably has a lot to do with the fact that they were always fighting for the title against a side I disliked even more (Usually Liverpool or Arsenal)

During most of my youth, they were the default "good guys"

I felt similarly to City last season when they were our only hope of avoiding a Liverpool title win

United have just always been the lesser of two evils for me really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back