Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...e=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd
David De Gea has signed a new four-year contract with Manchester United, keeping him at Old Trafford until at least 2019. There is an option to extend it for a further year.

The Spain international, 24, joined the Reds back in 2011 and has registered 175 appearances for the club, winning the Premier League title in 2013 and two Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year awards.

LVG sends secret message to Real Madrid.

COoCo6PW8AAHB9D.jpg

Is there a secret buy out clause in his contract? Strange goings on him signing a new deal practically straight away after his transfer falls through.
Guarantees ManUtd will get £30M for him at least and the player has his wages upped to £200,000 a week which Madrid will now have to better (they were offering less than Utd for a summer move).
Everyone is a winner (except Real who have publically slighted out with ManU and De Gea's Agent) so nobody cares.

Guarantees ManUtd will get £30M for him at least and the player has his wages upped to £200,000 a week which Madrid will now have to better (they were offering less than Utd for a summer move).
Everyone is a winner (except Real who have publically slighted out with ManU and De Gea's Agent) so nobody cares.

Can't see a buy out clause, he wages have been backdated for a year. This is a good move for man u, he better then the Chelsea keeper. Let's hope he get injured

So much for the tabloid rumours that Madrid were going to pay him millions to run down his contract and then sign for them. Reckon United and Van Gaal have played a blinder here to be fair. He was/is arguably worth 10/15 points a season to them.

Rumours that Rooney is injured as he didn't travel to the Utd team hotel with the rest of the squad and there are no photos of him from this mornings training. Could be a high pressure debut for the Martial lad.

Interesting critique of LVG by Neville

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-starting-to-flash-at-Manchester-United.html
But I still return to my belief that there has to be a better way. United are certainly starting to do things that we scoffed at in the Ferguson era when other clubs behaved that way. That’s where my conflict is. I have real concerns that Louis van Gaal has fallen out with numerous players over the last year. Some of those players he actually brought in himself. Angel di Maria and Victor Valdes would be examples.

There seems to be an element of the iron fist with Van Gaal. For 25 years people talked of Sir Alex’s ‘hairdryer’ but Sir Alex had compassion, while Van Gaal tends to be colder in his dealings with players. It hardly bodes well when players are brought through the door by a manager who then discards or marginalises them. Di Maria, Valdes, Falcao, Rojo, Van Persie – and there are others. That’s too many players to get on the wrong side of. These are not bad lads. So I’m slightly concerned that there is this iron fist being applied to players who I look at from personal experience and think: they’re quite good people. I know some of those lads, and they are what I would classify as really good professionals.

I am still saddened that Danny Welbeck left. I am saddened that Adnan Januzaj has been allowed to leave on loan to Borussia Dortmund. It was an early red flag to me when Welbeck was sold for £16million, as I said at the time. Januzaj went from playing four or five games on the bounce to going out on loan in Europe.

The transfer activity concerns me most. That carousel approach. If you had said to me at the end of last season Manchester United would have a net spend of £30-40million - that they would sign Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian and Martial – I would have been pleased to see signings who were either young and full of potential or highly experienced, in the case of Schweinsteiger, who brings control in central midfield and support for Michael Carrick. I would have called that a really good transfer window for Manchester United in terms of moving up from fourth to second or third in the Premier League.

If you then said De Gea would be left out, Falcao and Van Persie would leave, Di Maria and Rafael would leave, I would have taken a breath and felt less sure. It is as if defeat has been grabbed from the jaws of victory. The nonsense around Neymar, Sergio Ramos, Gareth Bale and Thomas Muller has pushed people over the edge into thinking: there is a lack of decorum here. United have always been proud of their conduct in the transfer market but that polished feeling has gone.

Oops, that might not go down too well with LVG who seems a bit of a stickler for punctuality.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/15/anthony-martial-manchester-united-team-bus
Anthony Martial’s full debut for Manchester United was almost over before it had even begun, after the rest of the squad left their hotel in Eindhoven without the France forward on the team bus.

Having scored the third goal in United’s 3-1 win over Liverpool on Saturday having come off the bench as a substitute, Martial was rewarded with a starting place for the opening Champions League group stage fixture against Dutch champions PSV by Louis Van Gaal.

However, the teenager’s dream start to his career at Old Trafford almost took a turn for the worse as Van Gaal’s squad made their way from their hotel to the Philips Stadion on Tuesday evening. With the rest of the players all present, the bus had started to leave when it was discovered Martial was not on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back