Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think LVG will not last 18 months, he will walk away. The job is harder than anyone ever thought.

It's a fair opinion. But I personally think the project excites him. He's basically been given unlimited funds, like Hughes was at Man City when they had just been bought by their new owners.

We will look very, very different when we have a team of new players bedding in. People just think of us at the moment with Fletcher and Cleverley in midfield, with Young and Valencia on the flanks.

We've got Carvalho on his way apparently plus another new CB. He's getting rid of the poo. Cleverley is off to Villa for 8 mill plus Young, Anderson etc have been told yesterday they have no future.

I am excited by it all. It's going to take a bit of time is all :)

It's a fair opinion. But I personally think the project excites him. He's basically been given unlimited funds, like Hughes was at Man City when they had just been bought by their new owners.

We will look very, very different when we have a team of new players bedding in. People just think of us at the moment with Fletcher and Cleverley in midfield, with Young and Valencia on the flanks.

We've got Carvalho on his way apparently plus another new CB. He's getting rid of the poo. Cleverley is off to Villa for 8 mill plus Young, Anderson etc have been told yesterday they have no future.

Whose dimaria replacing then mate, assuming its one of the poo and not mata or rooney like?

Very, very exciting times mate. When LVG is finished, his squad will look totally different than the one Ferguson left. What will United fans think when they finally get to see a PL-challenging side in Old Trafford? EXCITING!!!

Very, very exciting times mate. When LVG is finished, his squad will look totally different than the one Ferguson left. What will United fans think when they finally get to see a PL-challenging side in Old Trafford? EXCITING!!!

Problem is when the teams been changed 90% towards lvg's and he walks away the next manager comes in with players not fitting his system whatsoever and the mery go around starts again

It is an exciting job, football wise. But is the whole other side of it that makes it the hard job it is.

The media & commercial side are even bigger than the football side, and while LVG is a good coach, he is one stubborn fella. He not happy, he will walk.

Some clever signings in the right position, and United could be fine, and push all the way again.

But if it was that easy, why with 4 days left of the window is Unites defence worse than ever ?? And if it was that easy, why did Moyes fail, and Moyes aint that bad a manager.

Do you think the Glazers are willing to give him the time and money? Are they of the 'instant gratification' set or more likely to be patient as long as they don't have to wait too long for results?

Also, do you reckon season tickets will take a hit during the rebuild or are most people willing to step in should the usual crew dwindle?

Do you think the Glazers are willing to give him the time and money? Are they of the 'instant gratification' set or more likely to be patient as long as they don't have to wait too long for results?

Also, do you reckon season tickets will take a hit during the rebuild or are most people willing to step in should the usual crew dwindle?

Good questions.

Yes. They have given Fergie, Moyes and now LVG any transfer money they've requested. Don't listen to United fans that pretend we don't spend money - we do. We spunk it left right and centre, every season. They will give him time because they have no other options. Plus they'll have Fergie, a Director, in their ear telling them "time and stability brings success in football". They didn't have a choice with Moyes in the end because too many people had turned against him. Could this also happen with Van Gaal? Yes it could, it's my fear that fans will turn on him - but I don't think they will.

do you reckon season tickets will take a hit during the rebuild or are most people willing to step in should the usual crew dwindle?

We could sell out our season tickets twice over every season. If anything, we need a bigger stadium now. United will never have any problems putting bums on seats in the ground - the season ticket wait is ridiculous too.

That was my prediction too before we signed him.

Our problem up-top is we have no pace anymore. Rooney is a clogger, Van Persie is gifted but also has no pace. Same with Mata.
Do you think Utd's main problem is the midfield rather than the defence. When i say midfield, i mean the two (or three) central midfielders.

Literally nothing is getting broken up in this area of the field, from what i have seen of Utd.

Good questions.

We could sell out our season tickets twice over every season
. If anything, we need a bigger stadium now. United will never have any problems putting bums on seats in the ground - the season ticket wait is ridiculous too.

I know people who used to be STH's at Old Trafford who keep getting pestered by the sales team by phone to go back. A few seasons ago, I'd have agreed with what you're saying, but not now.

That was my prediction too before we signed him.

Our problem up-top is we have no pace anymore. Rooney is a clogger, Van Persie is gifted but also has no pace. Same with Mata.

Its something feruson countered by playing welbeck a lot tbh mate, atm seems the past twelve months ypur buying players without thinking about team structure though, square pegs round hole mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back