Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of LVG's more baffling team choices is the benching of Schneiderlin, these stats were taken before the loss to Stoke...

OptaJoe 1 - Manchester United have lost just one of 15 games with Morgan Schneiderlin starting and five of 11 without him. Onlooker.

Unlike Herrera he was definitely an LVG choice rather than a Moyes one and his absence in key away games like Arsenal made the team look defensively a lot weaker.

When perusing one of the post-match YouTube interview channels, Schniderlin's benching was mentioned a few times @LinekersLegs by fans.

They seemed as baffled as you and I, yet for all his mistakes many of those interviewed still have some strange devotion to van Gaal.

He's not as bad as Moyes is often mentioned (although stats say otherwise); fans supporting his signings; expecting that he can turn it around.

Just goes to show what a big name manager with a reputation can do and still hold court, while a lesser manager was dammed from the start.

If Martinez spent nigh on £250m on our squad as van Gaal has done then I'd expect him to win the league (he could arguably do it for less).

Yet their style of football is utterly appalling and their answer is we need to spend more... sorry but that won't stop the rot at their club.

United are toast. The fans have already decided that LVG is going and the players don't look bothered. No matter who they get in it will be another £250M to turn it around.......without any guarantees......

When perusing one of the post-match YouTube interview channels, Schniderlin's benching was mentioned a few times @LinekersLegs by fans.

They seemed as baffled as you and I, yet for all his mistakes many of those interviewed still have some strange devotion to van Gaal.

He's not as bad as Moyes is often mentioned (although stats say otherwise); fans supporting his signings; expecting that he can turn it around.

Just goes to show what a big name manager with a reputation can do and still hold court, while a lesser manager was dammed from the start.

If Martinez spent nigh on £250m on our squad as van Gaal has done then I'd expect him to win the league (he could arguably do it for less).

Yet their style of football is utterly appalling and their answer is we need to spend more... sorry but that won't stop the rot at their club.

And long may the rot at that horrible club continue !!!

United are toast. The fans have already decided that LVG is going and the players don't look bothered. No matter who they get in it will be another £250M to turn it around.......without any guarantees......
What worries me in terms of football in general is that another group of players have got a high-profile and successful manager the sack.

It doesn't matter who you are and what merits you have, if they don't want you then you're gone (like a strike). Ultimate player power these days.

Equally you may argue such of individuals merits when you consider their recent form etc, but could the players themselves be a part of that?

Just thinking out loud but I see it as a worrying trend in football, as there's very little respect for managers these days. If there is, it's short term.

You're right about another £250m as well. When you consider what they've spent and the calibre they've actually got it's ridiculous.

I said it before, with £100m spent wisely I'd expect us challenging for the minimum of top 4 if not higher. £250m should be league winning!

Giggs has been first warned that could have taken interim vs Chelsea.
Then,that could take interim after Chelsea.
Never saw anything similar

If Van Gaal will resign after Chelsea game,Manchester United will give 1 game interim to Giggs,vs Swansea,while continuing talks w Mourinho

Manchester United themselves haven't decided yet if then leaving Giggs interim or doing proper offer to Mourinho.
Never saw anything similar

What worries me in terms of football in general is that another group of players have got a high-profile and successful manager the sack.

It doesn't matter who you are and what merits you have, if they don't want you then you're gone (like a strike). Ultimate player power these days.

This is not a new phenomenon, Phil.

Brian Clough was fired by Leeds United after forty days back in 1974 because the players didn't like him and staged a mutiny behind the scenes.

This is not a new phenomenon, Phil.

Brian Clough was fired by Leeds United after forty days back in 1974 because the players didn't like him and staged a mutiny behind the scenes.
Correct. I just think it is becoming much more prevalent in the modern game. Rodgers, José and van Gaal are all examples in this season alone.

In each case results have obviously been an issue, but they seem to be a result of the players obvious disillusionment with their manager.

There seems to be very little loyalty, tenacity and guile these days. Instead it's just easier to throw your toys out and get someone new.

Back to claiming that the media are spreading lies...
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/28/louis-van-gaal-lies-manchester-united-chelsea
Following Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Stoke City Van Gaal mentioned he could resign. However, the manager claimed his comments had been reported out of context.

Van Gaal said: “I think I didn’t say that. I have said that a club can sack you but that a manager can also resign by himself. When a colleague of you then writes it in another context, no, I have given you in a press conference a [comment] that it is not only part of the decision, also the manager can take that decision. “I have said also in all my press conferences, they are asking all the time: ‘Are you concerned that maybe they sack you?’ Of course I am concerned but I am more concerned to prepare my players.

“Then I read things in the press. They are lies, not based on facts. They are the reasons I walk away in a press conference and not angrily. No, I walk with quietness because I want to make my point. “For me, it [his future] is not an interesting subject because I cannot have any influence on that, I can only work with my players and you can see they are fighting for me. Even after this result the fans were applauding so I cannot say I’m very much concerned. In this football world you never know but I’m fully confident in the board and my players.

“Will I resign? On the contrary. When the players can give such a performance with a lot of pressure, there is not any reason to resign for me. Maybe the media wants me to but I shall not resign. It’s not a question of staying. It’s a question of fulfilling my contract.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back