How to cure a cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late for me normally lid, I can't cope on no kip.

Now I'm surrounded by banterrific tshirt wearing beauts off to Marbz for a weekend. Thank the Lord subway sells ale.
Subway sells ale?
*Hastens moving plans

correct...but the immune system ravaged by viral infection permits secondary infection via bacteria (sore throats, ears etc)...so antibiotics are deployed to deal with the secondary aspect of 'infection'.
As I articulated in earlier post, if you can 'recognise' symptom/signal of early viral attack, you can immediately reinforce the immune system to kick the nasty viruses ass...keep ahead of the curve is my motto, both immunologically...and as a figurative for life in general.

MRSA thanks you for your diligent efforts to overmedicate the world.

I pick up on the very early symptoms of a cold and can head it off at the pass with 2 paracetamols every 4 hours, fresh lemon, grapefruit and/or orange juice, a couple of cloves of raw garlic, some raw ginger root (squeezed) and some fresh hot chilli.
It works nearly every time.
For suppression of symptoms, psuedoephidrene was excellent but we cannot get that in NZ anymore because it's the major precursor of methamphetamine .
Phenylephrine (which replaced psuedoephidrene) is a poor substitute
giphy.gif

Honey, lemon, cinnamon, hot water. Can add whisky or rum, I use drambuie. Lemon breaks down mucus, honey is an anti septic. Cinnamon- in the big flu epidemic in the early 20 century a region of cinnamon production in china reported no deaths, 20m were killed globally. It works. Add paracetamol if you're a girl ;)

Guinness and peanuts. Sworn by this for 40 years. Protein in the peanuts, iron in the Guinness.

Try it, it works. Dry roasted nuts and bottled Guinness ideally for me, but salted and draught will do

You'll thank me later... :)

Oh, and doesn't matter about the antibiotics. Perfectly safe with booze, the worst is you could get the craps. Old wives tale about it affecting them...
Nice miserable one here. Other than a serious situation you should not take antibiotics. Unless you have been living in a cardboard box (highly possible if you are from North Liverpool) then you should know that antibiotic resistance due to overuse is the most serious health issue facing the planet.

I'm on antibiotics sister.
Then its not a cold brother.
Unless self-prescribed which I hope not!
If its viral it'll shift and antibiotics will be of little use unless you also have an opportunistic respiratoty infection
If its bacterial and respiratory you probably are on a quite wide spectrum antibiotic and it'll take 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back