Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ideal Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hoping whoever Bobby signs it's not like Mauro Boselli, Hugo rodallega or franco di Santo who are the only strikers I can think of him buying at Wigan who were [Poor language removed].

All depends on what type of striker he wants, seems to be after a big forward who can hold the ball up if we need to be more direct whilst contributing to the build up play which makes it hard to get a decent striker like that on the cheap. We should start flogging the portugese transfer targets they seem to pick brilliant youngsters.

They spent £12m on him & took all the risk, in terms of no PL experience. I'd be surprised if they accepted much less than £20m currently.

I agree, sure I've seen Swansea wanted 20 for him somewhere too. Wasn't there a strong rumour that we basically had a deal done for him around the £12 million mark in one of the January transfer windows, but Moysey got cold feet and pulled the plug? Same window as the Leroy Fer fiasco I think.

As some have said, I'd be concerned with Bony in terms of the famous 2nd season syndrome, but he does look like a good striker. If we can't get Lukaku, then perhaps Remy makes sense

I agree, sure I've seen Swansea wanted 20 for him somewhere too. Wasn't there a strong rumour that we basically had a deal done for him around the £12 million mark in one of the January transfer windows, but Moysey got cold feet and pulled the plug? Same window as the Leroy Fer fiasco I think.

As some have said, I'd be concerned with Bony in terms of the famous 2nd season syndrome, but he does look like a good striker. If we can't get Lukaku, then perhaps Remy makes sense

Moyes getting cold feet was the best thing that could have happened to Bony. He'd have gone the same way as the other strikers Moyes ruined.

Javier Hernandez for 12 michy batshuayi for 7-8 would be sound, we wont get lukaku after the world cup because i reckon hes gonna smash it

David Villa may be available for a loan next year, just signed with NYCFC (MLS) but doesn't start play until March. NYCFC is owned by same group as MCFC. Would you have any interest for 2/3 a season?

We need a "footballer" someone to join the play in the hope goals will be spread around as a result of our more pacy footballing style.

Don't think we need a target man or goal hanger a modern day Sharpie would be the boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back