2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think silva’s preferred formation is 433, which a lot have mentioned on here
Ideally a disciplined number 6 who protects the back 4 and is technically good enough to start our attacks from deep. Which Gana is incapable of doing.

Then flanked by 2 box to box midfielders who can defend and offer something in the final third, Doucoure would be the type of player suited to that position.

Obviously time will tell, how the team moves forward, but this is reason imo selling Gana is no big deal, as the long term system doesn’t suit him.
But what is the long term system?
Is that the objective?
Are we basing our club going forward on Silva's philosophy and approach?

This type of thinking for me is putting the cart before the horse.
And a very expensive type of thinking.

I'd much rather see us with a manager who can do something with the players he's got rather than having a ready excuse that they don't fit into his system.
You should only be using this 'excuse' in terms of - we have got this squad to be as successful as we possible can, now I need this player and that player to take us to the next level.
But after about the first 5 games there were sign he was never get to that point, not this way anyhow.

Sure most of us would agree Doucoure (and a class striker and speedy wingers) would be something we need and they should go after.
But lets say we get them and performances improve.
Does that translate to Silva being the coach we need.

For me I'd see things as - there are a lot of good young players running around the world that don't cost ridiculous amounts of money.
We need to find them and bring in a coach that is going to get the best out of them.
This is the type of patience needed.
Not waiting around for the club to dole out loads of cash for players to fit into Silva's system, wait and see if he can get us beating the top teams and into top 6,
then more likely than not this won't happen and then go and find another manager who wants to get his players in...and on it goes.

I think silva’s preferred formation is 433, which a lot have mentioned on here
Ideally a disciplined number 6 who protects the back 4 and is technically good enough to start our attacks from deep. Which Gana is incapable of doing.

Then flanked by 2 box to box midfielders who can defend and offer something in the final third, Doucoure would be the type of player suited to that position.

Obviously time will tell, how the team moves forward, but this is reason imo selling Gana is no big deal, as the long term system doesn’t suit him.

i think what that formation would also do is bring the wide players closer to the forward, which hopefully would give them the chance to interchange etc.
It would also mean no place for Gueye or Sigurdsson, which sounds weird, as the y have maybe been 2 of our better players this season, but id be happy to see the mreplaced for the formation

It was a nice pass that lead to a goal. They way people talk you would think he never passed to one of our players ever. He is fine in the role he does passing wise.

I know we wont get 45M for him, I want him to stay! 30M gets your a Tom Cleverley standard player these days. Its not much at all.

Not seeing the body language thing at all, but we seem to have become experts on things like that lately (Walcott not caring, Pickford being arrogant etc).

Coleman is still of a decent standard for me, he is just not as good as he was currently.
What a was saying though is Gana doesn't offer much else other than a player who recovers the ball well...we need more than that if we want to even get close to the top six nevermind the top four.

As for 30 million it's a good sum considering there's only 13 players who play DM in world football who are valued at more than that, if you go by such websites as transfermarket.com ( I do take all those values with a pinch of salt mind)

Gana does seem more frustrated than ever but that might be results based....because I'm seriously frustrated with how thier all playing at the moment and I bet he is as well.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Coleman, because for me he's done at this level with what we need from him as a player in this team and formation that is currently being used.

Regardless of whether we have Gueye or not, we're finishing between 7th - 10th. If we can get £30-£40m for him now, a 29yr old, id bite their hand off.

We've moaned year after year about holding onto players for too long to see their value diminish. £30m would get you a good Central Midfielder, and being honest, id trust Brands to sign a very good replacement who could potentially offer more than Gueye did.

What a was saying though is Gana doesn't offer much else other than a player who recovers the ball well...we need more than that if we want to even get close to the top six nevermind the top four.

As for 30 million it's a good sum considering there's only 13 players who play DM in world football who are valued at more than that, if you go by such websites as transfermarket.com ( I do take all those values with a pinch of salt mind)

Gana does seem more frustrated than ever but that might be results based....because I'm seriously frustrated with how thier all playing at the moment and I bet he is as well.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Coleman, because for me he's done at this level with what we need from him as a player in this team and formation that is currently being used.

I just don't want to lose one of our better players when we are in a precarious position right now and there are about 20 more players who I would get rid of before him. That is the crux of it really.

Is that the objective?

I'd much rather see us with a manager who can do something with the players he's got rather than having a ready excuse that they don't fit into his system.
You should only be using this 'excuse' in terms of - we have got this squad to be as successful as we possible can, now I need this player and that player to take us to the next level.
But after about the first 5 games there were sign he was never get to that point, not this way anyhow.

Sure most of us would agree Doucoure (and a class striker and speedy wingers) would be something we need and they should go after.

For me I'd see things as - there are a lot of good young players running around the world that don't cost ridiculous amounts of money.
We need to find them and bring in a coach that is going to get the best out of them.
Not waiting around for the club to dole out loads of cash for players to fit into Silva's system, wait and see if he can get us beating the top teams and into top 6,
then more likely than not this won't happen and then go and find another manager who wants to get his players in...and on it goes.

Thing is as well, Silva isn't using a 4-3-3. I honestly think the players we have currently could play it. Maybe not exactly brilliantly every game, but Gyfli-Gana-Gomes, to me, could play as a flat three.

Is that the objective?

You’ve summed up pretty much everything I was going to say. Spot on. Silva needs time to implement his system and gradually alter the squad, but you cannot just tear up everything each time you get a new manager who wants to play differently. Managers should adapt to the players they have and not simply be so dogmatic as to only play one way.

Also, we’ve seen Silva be more flexible than the 4-3-3 only posters have suggested. He’s played 3-4-3 on occasion which has shown some glimpses of promise against the better teams.

Thing is as well, Silva isn't using a 4-3-3. I honestly think the players we have currently could play it. Maybe not exactly brilliantly every game, but Gyfli-Gana-Gomes, to me, could play as a flat three.
I dont think siggurdsson could play that position. Works hard, but has never really had to think about the defensive side of the game. He also comes across quite slow.

And I know you’re pro Gana, but stevie wonder could tell you Gana can’t play in a disciplined number 6 role, he’s like a dog chasing the ball most of the time. As well as no technical ability.

I dont think siggurdsson could play that position. Works hard, but has never really had to think about the defensive side of the game. He also comes across quite slow.

And I know you’re pro Gana, but stevie wonder could tell you Gana can’t play in a disciplined number 6 role, he’s like a dog chasing the ball most of the time. As well as no technical ability.

It seems PSG want him to play in that position mate.

Btw, it doesn't have to be an anchor point. There's other ways to play a 4-3-3. Gana's best games for us last season came in a 4-3-3 with Davies and Rooney. That was probably when we actually played half-decent footy as well.

Look at Liverpool. None of their players act as anchor points in midfield. You don't HAVE to play that way. Whether Silva does want to play with a sitter (his comments in pre-season would suggest he does) I suppose is open to interpretation.

On Gylfi, I think it'd be worth a try. He can't do it in a two, no, but the point of a three is you have that extra insurance there.

Would be smart business to sell an older player at an inflated value and bring in a younger one with large re-sale value. That could be a 50-60 mill pound decision for Everton. 30-40 mill for a player with a book value of about 3 mill, then we could replace with a player who may do a Richarlison and double in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.