2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant more in people saying there's nothing to lose or gain if he's sold.

Yet they'll be the sames ones - well, some of them might be, not @ToffeeTim, because he's generally pretty reasonable and fair with his criticism - demanding Silva is sacked, even though by their own logic there's nothing to play for.

I wouldn't care if he's sacked. I don't care at this point. But I haven't demanded he's sacked. Well I maybe did in my Saturday rage, I can't even remember haha. There would be no difference at this point who our manager is. The season is wrecked beyond repair.

I am demanding he gets on with job of overhauling the squad. If he doesn't make massive changes to personnel and system then these players will at some point in the near future cost him his job. And it will be his own fault for failing to move them on and build for the future. If he doesn't start now by making the longer term decisions aimed at next season, then he probably won't see next season. At this point I'd say he's odds on to be sacked in may.

I wouldn't care if he's sacked. I don't care at this point. But I haven't demanded he's sacked. Well I maybe did in my Saturday rage, I can't even remember haha. There would be no difference at this point who our manager is. The season is wrecked beyond repair.

I am demanding he gets on with job of overhauling the squad. If he doesn't make massive changes to personnel and system then these players will at some point in the near future cost him his job. And it will be his own fault for failing to move them on build for the future. If he doesn't start now by making the longer term decisions aimed at next season, then he probably won't see next season. At this point I'd say he's odds on to be sacked in may.

I mostly agree mate, I wouldn't care either, at least not because I feel an affinity for Silva.

But I just want us to give a manager a bit longer than 6 months, and I also don't think selling one of our better players would help the cause - at least not right now.

Paredes is nothing like Gana. They bid for Gana when the deal for Paredes was at medical stage.

The pursuit of Gana is independent of the bid for Paredes. They are crying out for central midfielders.

PSG have acknowledged that Rabiot is off this summer and have banished him to the reserves. Lassana Diarra (can't quite believe he's still playing) will also be off in the summer too.

That leaves them with Verratti and Draxler (who has been linked with a move away too after a mixed start to his career there).

Paredes is nothing like Gana. They bid for Gana when the deal for Paredes was at medical stage.

The pursuit of Gana is independent of the bid for Paredes. They are crying out for central midfielders.

PSG have acknowledged that Rabiot is off this summer and have banished him to the reserves. Lassana Diarra (can't quite believe he's still playing) will also be off in the summer too.

That leaves them with Verratti and Draxler (who has been linked with a move away too after a mixed start to his career there).
Unfortunately it still won’t sink in for a few.
I’m sure I will read another 20 posts before the day is out saying. PSG have a signed a midfielder they won’t want Gana now.

Definitely leaves us light. Not sure why we'd consider it for a bid of circa £20m. Doesn't make sense.

Sure, that's probably his market value, but that's on the basis that we are looking to sell. We're not and, if we are, we shouldn't be (at least, not unless we're planning to replace before Thursday).

£35-£40m, then you might look at it and go 'Okay, we're prepared to leave ourselves short and step Davies / Baningime up for that sort of money'.

But, £20m? No chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back