2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need players who are committed to the club at this moment. Players who want to turn this poor form around and salvage a bit of self respect and pride from this dreadful season.

Makes no difference how good a player he may or not be, if he doesn't want to be here, and asking for a move is about as big an indication as you can get in that regard, then we shouldn't have him in and around the squad.

He will have a value to us. If PSG meet that value then he should leave. If we have a quality replacement lined up, somebody who can fit in with the system the manager wants to play, then bring him in. Otherwise we should leave it until the summer. The last thing we need is to bring in another squad type player that won't improve on Geuye.

Exactly my sentiments. I like Gueye but I don't think he suits how Silva wants to play. I also think given the length of his contract we should not drop our asking price. With regards to a replacement with nothing much to play for unless someone is available at the right price I am more than happy to use the players we've got. Hopefully put Schneiderlin and McCarthy in the window or get Baningime some much needed experience. Personally I would recall Joe Williams but can't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back