2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to miss him. He'd become one of my favorites. He may not be a world-class box-to-box midfielder, but he was incredibly good at what he was asked to do, and he wore the shirt with pride. Also seemed to be a model professional. He deserves success at PSG.

Wish we could have gotten more for him though. Was thinking we'd be able to get closer to £32 million. Still a decent return on a player who's almost 30 and was bought for peanuts though I suppose.

I'm going to miss him. He'd become one of my favorites. He may not be a world-class box-to-box midfielder, but he was incredibly good at what he was asked to do, and he wore the shirt with pride. Also seemed to be a model professional. He deserves success at PSG.

Wish we could have gotten more for him though. Was thinking we'd be able to get closer to £32 million. Still a decent return on a player who's almost 30 and was bought for peanuts though I suppose.

I liked him a lot too, but then again I've always been partial to a defensive midfielder (Loved me some Carsley back in the day)

Made up for the lad and he honestly deserves better than Everton, a joke of a club who cannot keep hold of their important players and are managed so well that after having a full summer transfer window and aspirations of challenging the weakened top 6, with just 16 days remaining they have got a poorer team than last season and even if they manage to get a few in there will be very little time at all for bedding in meaning the Manager is already being hampered by others and the start of the season could well be frustrating and disappointing once again.

Best off out of here Gueye and good luck.

It's definitely gonna be 28m and add on's taking it way over 30m which is a fair deal.
He's been a great player and one of the best at his job but I think it's the right time for a change in style or way of playing, He's a bit too limited for my liking but nothing to shout about, All the best.

Correct brother. Could have gone on strike or sulked and I think from his nationality he desired a move to Paris.
It does feel like we may have said in January that he could go if PSG came back in the summer but that the January window was too short to find a proper replacement. That would have made it easier on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back