2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Gana but he is nowhere close to irreplaceable. We would have had to have started down this road in a couple of years time anyhow without a fairly big cheque to go with it.

Just a shame we have just had the AFCON as that would have been another plus point in him going now.

I wish him all the best at his new club.
He's gonna retire in what maybe 3-5 years? since his whole job is racing around winning the ball back, Perfectly understandable why the club would sell for over 30m for him.
We bought him for 8m who's to say we can't get another or even better for less or more.

I Liked Gueye but he was an incredibly limited player, great when we didn't have the ball but absolutely crap with it, i think he can be easily replaced and whilst we may lose a bit defensively we will gain by having some-one who can pass, looks forward and may even try and shoot! All those things Gueye struggled with

I'm interested now to see what Silva wants

The fact we can't get a like for like replacement for Gana kind of suggests he's going to have to mix up the way we play

Maybe he's going to drop Siggurdsson deeper and go with a more traditional midfield three with Gomes and Delph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back