Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Villa season ticket holder went to uni with:

"Suspect he'll be decent in a better team. Leicester (Steve Walsh) wanted him over Kante last year so no surprise he's back in for him now.

He'll run all day and breaks up play. Not a good passer.

He could only fight so many fires last season.

Given some of the fees flying around, £7m isn't bad business."

Can you just clarify which game? Was it when we hammered them 4-0 and he was subbed at half time?
Or was it when we comfortably beat them 3-1, and the Birmingham Mail scored his display as 5/10 commenting 'offered nothing going forward and gave McCarthy and Barry an easy night against him'.

Cheers in advance.

The away game. If you want to take the Birmingham Mail's word as gospel then good for you. I personally thought he played really well against us.

He also played very well against us for Lille. Away game if you must know. I dont know what the Daily Lille said about his performance though I'm afraid.

Is that enough clarification for you?

Thinking about this signing, and that Monchi interview on how they select players.

“The manager says: ‘I want a left-back who averages 11km a game, runs 800m at full speed, uses both feet.’ And from these, 10 will fit.”

Wonder if its a similar process for Walsh - Gueye is a stat sheet monster when you look at it, he comes across as no slouch, i have no idea in real life how that translates as i haven't seen him play even on youtube.

Koeman wants someone to break up play, maybe this is the other solution.

I think that if we are getting, Gueye, Witsel, potentially Carvalho then i think the writing is on the wall for a few of our players.

It's a clever signing really if you think about it: there's no reason why we can't have this guy, Carvalho and Witsel in terms of transfer funds and position (if we move on some).

The longer it takes trying to wrangle the bigger names we could run out of time so may as well get these cheaper ones done to cover our arse.

It's a clever signing really if you think about it: there's no reason why we can't have this guy, Carvalho and Witsel in terms of transfer funds and position (if we move on some).

The longer it takes trying to wrangle the bigger names we could run out of time so may as well get these cheaper ones done to cover our arse.

As i keep saying to people, we need to replace some of the players we have left form the squad and fringes, not every signing we make will be a XI superstar.

Thinking about this signing, and that Monchi interview on how they select players.

“The manager says: ‘I want a left-back who averages 11km a game, runs 800m at full speed, uses both feet.’ And from these, 10 will fit.”

Wonder if its a similar process for Walsh - Gueye is a stat sheet monster when you look at it, he comes across as no slouch, i have no idea in real life how that translates as i haven't seen him play even on youtube.

Koeman wants someone to break up play, maybe this is the other solution.

I think that if we are getting, Gueye, Witsel, potentially Carvalho then i think the writing is on the wall for a few of our players.

Gibson, Cleverley, McCarthy, Barry and Besic. At least two will go to make rooms perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back