Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not true. He doesn't have to sign for any team if he does not want to. that would be akin to slavery!

I said in an earlier post it was subject to personal terms being agreed. The point is that AVFC cannot hawk him around if he wants to join us.

Yes it will go through, and no it won't affect our persuit of others.
Surely it must affect our purchasing of other players? There isn't a bottomless pit of money in the transfer fund. Plus under FFP/PL rules our wage budget can only go up a certain amount? From a common sense point of view Gueye will take up both a transfer fee and wages.

he is also a foreign player and will take up a place in our 25 man squad. I'd be very surprised if we signed this guy and then signed Carvalho and Witsel as well.

Also Gueye is a cm/dm. We already have:

Gibson
Barry
McCarthy
Besic'
Cleverly
Davies
And even Barkley who can play there.

With Gueye and Witel and/or Carvalho that is 9/10 cms/dms. With 1 decent striker (Lukaku).

Of course we could sell some of the above list but surely any new player would look at that and think "I'll have a bit of competition there. Half their bloody squad play in my position!".

It surely must affect things a little bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back