Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty certain we will be letting McCarthy, Cleverly and possibly Besic go. Davies doesn't look ready for a full season regardless of his talent.

Agree on Davies.

I think McCarthy may well be moved on, yes. Cleverley to me seems like a player Koeman will like - decent with the ball and lots of energy, think he may stay unless it's a generous offer.

Do think Gibbo needs to be on the transfer list. Think Besic will stay tbh, and rightly so.

This lad is class, Hope he comes. Works his socks off, can put a tackle in and has good ball distribution. Im not sure how he will make us weaker...

There's no way he'll make us weaker but I just cannot see us signing Carvalho or another top level DM if we sign Gueye and to me that's the big let down.

I'd have no issues if were moving players on and he came in as a squad play, infact I think it'd be fantastic business. Whilst we have McCarthy, Barry, Gibson, Besic and Cleverly on the books I can't see us intending to bring him his as a squad player. I know fans are saying they could leave but none of them have had any serious links away.

Well in fairness nothing ever happens on a weekend.
Nothing seems to happen on a Friday, or a game day, or away in a different country, or during the euros,or after some tragedy or before the TV money comes in........

Seems to be too many not before or not on this day

Nothing seems to happen on a Friday, or a game day, or away in a different country, or during the euros,or after some tragedy or before the TV money comes in........

Seems to be too many not before or not on this day

nothing's happened that's why mate.

the news of the Gueye deal broke what, Tuesday?

There was no concrete evidence we'd actually even bid until RDM's presser, which was Friday?

We'll see. He may well sign next week.

We've got ages though so I don't get the big fuss. We could definitely do with a few signings before the start of the season, and really we should get them in, but there's still plenty of time in the window - a window that won't really kick off until Pogba goes.

nothing's happened that's why mate.

the news of the Gueye deal broke what, Tuesday?

There was no concrete evidence we'd actually even bid until RDM's presser, which was Friday?

We'll see. He may well sign next week.

We've got ages though so I don't get the big fuss. We could definitely do with a few signings before the start of the season, and really we should get them in, but there's still plenty of time in the window - a window that won't really kick off until Pogba goes.
The thing with that pogba deal is that it only impacts us negatively. Because juve involved means they take witsel away instead, Mata all but dead in the water from the fact he is so involved in pre season now with united. I can't see how that deal holds us up as the deals we want involved could have happened by now, I mean United would have loved an extra 30 million to pay off pogba

The issue is not lack of activity but the fact there doesn't seem to be anything happening. Gueye should have been done and dusted now. Release clause offered, player would have jumped at joining us yet here we are. Should be a simple deal, yet we are dragging it out like all the others

The thing with that pogba deal is that it only impacts us negatively. Because juve involved means they take witsel away instead, Mata all but dead in the water from the fact he is so involved in pre season now with united. I can't see how that deal holds us up as the deals we want involved could have happened by now, I mean United would have loved an extra 30 million to pay off pogba

The issue is not lack of activity but the fact there doesn't seem to be anything happening. Gueye should have been done and dusted now. Release clause offered, player would have jumped at joining us yet here we are. Should be a simple deal, yet we are dragging it out like all the others

Ash, you do sometimes talk silly mate. Stones has been heavily involved in our pre-season, because he's still an Everton player. Doesn't mean he won't be sold if City come in with the right bid. Similarly with Mata (while I'm not saying it's in anyway a definite, I must add) he's still a Utd player and so Mourinho will use him in pre-season.

And how do you know it's us dragging our feet. You have completely ignored (in the Gueye instance) the other party in this, which is Villa... Plus, Gueye also has two offers (one from Marseille, the other is unkown) from France as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back