Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are two types of release clauses, (i) an automatic release clause and (ii) a good faith clause.

If it's an automatic release clause the club holding the player's registration is contractually obliged to allow the player to speak to the buyer and proceed with a transfer subject to personal terms.

If it's a "good faith" clause the only obligation is for both clubs to negotiate in "good faith". This is what happened with Suarez and Arenal, Liverpool were under no obligation to sell.

Reading Di Matteo's comments it seems clear this is an AR clause and Aston Villa are contractually obliged to sell to the bidder at the predetermined price.

There are two types of release clauses, (i) an automatic release clause and (ii) a good faith release clause.

If it's an automatic release clause the club holding the player's registration is contractually obliged to allow the player to speak to the buyer and proceed with a transfer subject to personal terms.

If it's a "good faith" clause the only obligation is for both clubs to negotiate in "good faith". Thus is what happened with Suarez and Arenal, Liverpool were under no obligation to sell.

Reading Di Matteo's comments it seems clear this is an AR clause and Aston Villa are contractually obliged to sell to the bidder at the predetermined price.

I actually think this guy will be a shrewd signing, and will surprise quite a few. An upgrade on McCarthy/Cleverley I'm sure.

Does meeting a release clause mean you play it all in full up front? I wonder if we're messing about with instalments and add ons etc?

Seems strange that Villa have come out and confirmed we've met the price but then nothing has happened in 4 days since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back