Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

I mentioned his stats being good a couple of times during the season.

At this point, would i be excited if he signed?

No.
No an exiting one but probably an improvement on what we've got except for Barry. Having said that, I can't remember seeing him play for Villa.

No an exiting one but probably an improvement on what we've got except for Barry. Having said that, I can't remember seeing him play for Villa.

If we want a hard tackling DM then we should just stick with McCarthy who has been very good in the role when given the autonomy.

Gueye is just more of the same really. A squad player no better than what we have, should be signing class to push McCarthy down to backup.

If we want a hard tackling DM then we should just stick with McCarthy who has been very good in the role when given the autonomy.

Gueye is just more of the same really. A squad player no better than what we have, should be signing class to push McCarthy down to backup.
would you like to see barry starting 11?

would you like to see barry starting 11?

Ive been really vocal (as much as you can be in a post) about who i would like.

Koulibaly, very good long passes and can come out of defence to sweep up behind the DM and also run past him with the ball.

Carvalho, excellent positionally and great passing ability quite like a "Carrick" type i suppose. Would allow Koulibaly to go past him adding numbers in midfield to drive us forward

Witsel, Solid all round box to box player, very consistent and can provide the link between defence and attack. Also a leader.

The first two i mentioned 12months ago...would not have imagined we would be supposedly close to signing either.

Those 3 for me would be akin to us having a top 4 first 11. Maybe even a championship level first 11.

Barry would be there to guide the young players and also help carvalho to adjust but limited game time.

McCarthy would be brought on if we needed more defensive nous in midfield.

Gueye seems pointless.

Koulibaly, very good long passes and can come out of defence to sweep up behind the DM and also run past him with the ball.

Carvalho, excellent positionally and great passing ability quite like a "Carrick" type i suppose. Would allow Koulibaly to go past him adding numbers in midfield to drive us forward

Witsel, Solid all round box to box player, very consistent and can provide the link between defence and attack. Also a leader.

The first two i mentioned 12months ago...would not have imagined we would be supposedly close to signing either.

Those 3 for me would be akin to us having a top 4 first 11. Maybe even a championship level first 11.

Barry would be there to guide the young players and also help carvalho to adjust but limited game time.

Gueye seems pointless.

What if we sell McCarthy?

Gueye seems pointless.
very well constructed view on our targets mate, thanks for the insight on the non epl players i dont know much about... couldnt agree more with barrys place in the squad... but what about besic, gibson, clev? do you want them all moved on?

very well constructed view on our targets mate, thanks for the insight on the non epl players i dont know much about... couldnt agree more with barrys place in the squad... but what about besic, gibson, clev? do you want them all moved on?

Depends on the system:

DM - Carvalho / McCarthy /Barry
CM - Witsel / Besic / Davies

Punt the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back