Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes! im having such a hard time convincing my old man and best mate that davies is above clev and gibson, and didnt disappoint at rb either to be fair...

Perhaps but imo makes no sense to replace with a poorer player

I know you have me on ignore, but McCarthy has been absent for two years.

I hoped and dreamed he'd expand on his first season here, but he's nowhere near that level and is a primary reason for the two year decline. He was an integral piece in his first year. Covered over a ton of cracks by remarkably showing up everywhere in defense. He was so good in that first season...but sadly is a shadow of that player today.

What if this lad can do everything McCarthy can and ALSO pick a forward pass and have a crack?

Well, you know i mentioned his stats a couple of times this season past and they look very impressive.

Effectively though, he's a DM in the same mould of McCarthy who we know when utilised correctly is very good at what he does.

I would argue that we need a Carvalho or similar with high level positional and passing abilities and then McCarthy to come in just to add more defensively if we need to...

Not much point for me in selling mccarthy to sign gueye. Just keep mccarthy.

Perhaps but imo makes no sense to replace with a poorer player
Whilst McCarthy may be a better player than Gueye the only reason I can see us with them both McCarthy and Gueye on our squad come the end of the window is if we don't sign Carvalho.

I know you have me on ignore, but McCarthy has been absent for two years.

I hoped and dreamed he'd expand on his first season here, but he's nowhere near that level and is a primary reason for the two year decline. He was an integral piece in his first year. Covered over a ton of cracks by remarkably showing up everywhere in defense. He was so good in that first season...but sadly is a shadow of that player today.

@Zatara read this.

Theres a reason i have him on ignore.

Someone posted a couple of days ago "Jesus" so i clicked on 'show ignored messages' and saw him posting that Howard was one of our best keepers of all time and that Martyn was hugely overrated

Tells its own story tbh.

Whilst McCarthy may be a better player than Gueye the only reason I can see us with them both McCarthy and Gueye on our squad come the end of the window is if we don't sign Carvalho.

Think Koeman will sell mccarthy to make a £10mil profit and bring his own player in...

Ronald Koeman ffs.

Ronald Koeman ffs.

article-0-0BE70EA800000578-191_634x430.jpg

Theres a reason i have him on ignore.

Someone posted a couple of days ago "Jesus" so i clicked on 'show ignored messages' and saw him posting that Howard was one of our best keepers of all time and that Martyn was hugely overrated

Tells its own story tbh.

I like McCarthy, I do Zat, but hes quite limited sadly, as you say as a DM he does a fine job, but im not sure he would be happy to be "back up" to say the likes of Carvalho or whoever Koeman buys to play DM.

We are linked to a load of CMs, its clearly an area Koeman thinks we are weak in and its hard to argue with that, as I say we will sign CMs, we already have a load, some of them are gonna be finding a new home.

Cant even comment on this Gueye fella, cos I quite frankly havent watched him kick a ball, well, I have, I think hes played against us 3-4 times? he never left an impression thats for sure.

MAYBE Gueye would demand less wages and if we could get 15-20 for McCarthy its an extra few bob for the kitty to push harder for somebody else, I dunno Zat, I just dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back