Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is limited. He should be used as a DM and nothing else. Going forward he is pretty useless, but used properly he can be very effective.

I agree mate. However, based on the style of play that RK seemingly wants to play (sharp, direct passing) I think that McCarthy's tendency to slip back into the sideways passing Martinez-style will limit his impact.

I want him to stay and prove he can get back to his best, but if we are going for a few central midfielders I can certainly see McCarthy being moved on as he'll command a relatively high fee (£15mil I'd say).

I think he's very limited. Great engine but not much else. Couldn't see him getting in the Spurs team for example.

Agree with you that he had a decent season 2 years ago though.

He was more than decent mate he was superb.

He's also been very good in patches for us over the last few years. This idea that he's been crap is nonsense. His importance to the team under RM was only underlined when he was injured.

However, under Koeman I'm not sure he will be able to play the style that our new manager wants. He might well be able to and I at least want to see him get the chance to do that, but could see him being moved on if an offer was right.

When we realise the squad numbers were delayed just so Gueye can take Osman's old number.

giphy.gif

The idea that McCarthy would get into a top six side is laughable. He's heading for the bench at a mid-table side that has finished 11th in the last two seasons. The idea that he is proficient at DM is laughable too; you need to be proficient in positioning and reading the game to be a decent DM, whereas McCarthy just runs around like a demented psychopath with a below 70 IQ.

I agree mate. However, based on the style of play that RK seemingly wants to play (sharp, direct passing) I think that McCarthy's tendency to slip back into the sideways passing Martinez-style will limit his impact.

I want him to stay and prove he can get back to his best, but if we are going for a few central midfielders I can certainly see McCarthy being moved on as he'll command a relatively high fee (£15mil I'd say).
Well if we get Gueye, Carvalho and Witsel I would expect him to go too. That's a big if though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back